PDA

View Full Version : 21 year old newbie

DavidJ85
16-02-07, 17:10
Hi guys

My name's David and I'm 21 from the UK.

Well I THINK I have anxiety/panic disorder but am not convinced and am sure something else is up with me but maybe you guys can shed some light on it for me?

Everyday I feel dizzy, lightheaded, get a hot chest, weird electric/pins and needles sensations in my hands and breathlessness. Everyday is different and it's really worrying me.

I think of myself as a calm person but Im always thinking there's something more wrong with me.

I was in traffic a while ago and both my hands became covered in pins and needles, i felt breathless, chest was tight and I didnt know what to do. It happened again yesterday and today I'm really dizzy and still have slight feelings of electric/pins and needles in my hands.

I get these every day!

I do have an ok'ish diet with 3 meals a day but mostly crap food as it were.

I feel like I'm terminally ill but the doc says I'm not....I feel like I'm losing the plot.

Now I'm scared to leave the house and be alone and am always trying to find more to what's wrong with me.

I'm hoping someone else feels like I do and I can have someone to talk to about all this....[V]

Help

den64
16-02-07, 17:18
hi david
it does sound like anxiety, what ever you do dont google its the worst thing you can do, theres really good people on this site and you wont feel alone
so welcome
take care
denise :D:D

DavidJ85
16-02-07, 17:21
Thanks Denise, it's just the dizzy/light headed-ness and pins and needles and chest symptoms are just so re-occuring daily I keep thinking there's more to it and it occurs in different situations.

If im outside actively doing something I seem to be ok but am terrible in the car and resting I notice the symptoms even more.

I just keep thinking it's getting worse.

Help

rosebud
16-02-07, 18:14
Hi David

Welcome.
Anxiety does make you feel awful and it's hard to believe thats all it is.
I get the pins and needles feeling, have had it today. Mines caused by overbreathing and that sounds like what is happening with you.
Try not to worry.
You will get lots of help and support here.
Take care.
Traceyxxx

wobily_lin
16-02-07, 19:40
Elo David,

A big welcome to the site...great support n advice here..glad to have ya on board x

Take care,
Lin xxx
"Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!

manmoor
16-02-07, 21:21
Hi David,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

russ
17-02-07, 08:39
Hi David, sorry to hear you are going through a tough time.

What I have learned in my short time here is googling for what is wrong with you is a really bad thing.

The mind is powerful, if you start reading-up on the worst case, you will feel worse and probably develop other anxiety symptoms.

I know it is hard, but if you get a check-up with your GP that will help. Remember all these nasty conditions are very rare!

I'd go as far as to say if you are young and in decent health, you are probably more likely to be in an accident on the roads than get a nasty condition!

Take Care,

DavidJ85
17-02-07, 10:41
Thanks for the welcome everyone, it's gonna take time for me to think I don't have anything properly wrong with me but hey we're all in the same boat

Help

trac67
17-02-07, 20:52
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

yorkylover
17-02-07, 23:23
welcome to no panic.you will get lots of advise here,and support.

duskess
20-02-07, 00:01
Hi David , Welcome to NMP, Take care, Dusky x

nomorepanic
20-02-07, 18:08
Hi David

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will meet some lovely caring people and gets loads of support and advice.

Have a read of the symptoms page on the left hand menu