PDA

View Full Version : New here!

Sparkling_Fairy
07-11-15, 19:51
Hi all,

Posted a few times already, but thought I'd introduce myself.
My name's Jasna and I'm 32 years old.

I've been suffering from anxiety for the past 5 months. I went through an intense period of stress and woke up one morning with crazy muscle twitches. Of course I Googled like we all do, and was convinced for weeks I had ALS and it was all over for me. Then I started getting heart palpitations, hot/cold flashes, internal shaking, digestion problems, all out of pure fear!
Until I found a post on here (and since many more :P) about muscle twitches and how many people have them pure from a stress event or anxiety. That made me feel so much better and now a few months later, I barely have any.
Most of my panic attacks are gone too. I get the odd heart palpitation, mostly still the internal shaking, but for the most part I feel much calmer now.

When I think about it, I've had panic attacks since I was a teenager. I just didn't realise they were panic attacks until a few months ago.

This forum really helps me. Not just to put my mind at ease in terms of health anxiety, but it makes me feel better to know other people are feeling the same things I am. And relieved to know I'm nowhere near as bad as a lot of other people.

Thanks to all for being here. Sharing really is caring!

venusbluejeans
07-11-15, 19:58
Hiya Sparkling_Fairy and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

emily67
07-11-15, 21:10
welcome to the forum

x

Sparkling_Fairy
07-11-15, 21:36
Thank you both!