PDA

View Full Version : Oversleeping - what's wrong with me?

lior
07-11-15, 20:25
Last night I went out with my lovers and we got home around 4am, and were asleep til 10am. Today I got home at 2pm, fell asleep quickly and woke up half an hour ago. I had planned to do stuff today. I've missed going to two parties I was planning to go to. I'm still sleepy. I think I managed to wake up because I feel guilty for having let my friends down because I'm not at their parties. I'm going to eat and then I think I'm going to sleep well for the rest of the night.

Right now I don't feel fully awake. I absolutely do not care about the fireworks - but I did earlier. They are going off next door and I lack desire to go and look out the other window to see them. This is strange for me.

This is not the first time I've overslept recently. I missed an appointment on Thursday because I overslept. It's not like me to do this. And it's happened in the weekend before, where I fall asleep in the day and wake up in the evening, even after a good night's sleep - but not so that I've let other people down.

Is it the citalopram? Is it that 7-8 hours sleep is not enough for me? I have regular bed times. I should be fine. It was unusual for me to go to bed at 4am I guess - is it just because I had one change that it totally threw me off?

Is it that I am also on antibiotics? No - I've had this problem since before I was on them - it's possible they make it worse but they can't be the cause.

I am concerned because this means oversleeping is affecting my work and friendships, and my life in general, because I don't have control of my time.

I weirdly also don't care as much about things I was going to do - it's a detachment - maybe it's part of being sleepy - I am not sure if I care enough about eating to eat right now, I just want to sleep.

What is wrong with me? :(

mnaha
10-11-15, 04:14
Weather related perhaps or affects of new medicines or just one of those days. In my life I have never met one person that ever experience feelings of any type ,romantic, sexual, physical , emotional etc.. consistently on a daily basis. Things affect the way we feel physically , emotionally and in other ways everyday .So I would just write it off as one of those things and just let it go.