PDA

View Full Version : Help with the physical affects of anxiety

pollynewsome
07-11-15, 21:42
Hi. any suggestions for the physical symptoms related to anxiety.. I constantly have sore tongue, numb/tingling lips. Tension headache, aching limbs.. even when the anxiety isnt there the other symptoms are.. Help!!

JeffY
07-11-15, 23:05
I wish I could tell you how to make it gone, but I'm in the same boat, today I feel good, yesterday was a different story. My arms felt weak, I tingling in my limbs that would come and go, including my face. And ever since I been taking prozac I have been having twitching. I guess just try to stay busy, it usually keeps my mind off of all the disease I have made up in my head, LOL! Everything will be ok, and just remember you are not alone.

Regards,
Jeff

Rennie1989
08-11-15, 11:52
Tingly lips is from hyperventilation and the headaches and aches are from constant tension. I would be mindful of 1) your breathing, so at times of the day when you're relaxed practise proper breathing, using your diaphragm and stomach and 2) practise relaxing your muscles by purposely tensing your muscles and relaxing them. Once you know the reason behind your symptoms you can start to work on them.

pollynewsome
08-11-15, 14:15
Hey guys thanks for replies.. much appreciated.

ray.olsen
13-11-15, 03:36
Hello polly

The most common physical symptoms of anxiety are rapid heartbeat, profuse sweating, upset stomach, dizziness and nausea, frequent urination or diarrhea, difficulty in breathing, muscle tension, trembling, headaches, fatigue, and sleeplessness. But there are still many different variants among each of the symptoms.

Sometimes this symptoms comes before the actual feeling of anxiety, sometimes it can come after. Relaxation can be very helpful in dealing with this problems. SO whenever you experienced it, make sure you calm down, sit, meditate and relax. Drink water or tea and practice breathing exercises.

pollynewsome
13-11-15, 17:32
Thanks Ray.
i have erm muscle tension. headache, numb lips and tingling tongue, fatigue and the urge to take a deep breath or yawn. Fortunately i have none of the other symptoms.. these are bad enough. Yep the relaxation helps and ive just started jogging that also helps. Ty