PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what to do any more

amyneedshelp
08-11-15, 08:00
Hi I'm a mother of 3 and iv been diagnosed with depression and anxiety doctor prescribed me clitopram and I didn't feel right taking them at all so I stopped but now I don't know what to do he has referred me to counciling but that can take weeks.. over the past 7weeks my depression and my anxiety have gotten worse I constantly shake and feel like I'm all in my head it has also brought on physical symptoms like sickness and dierreaha also head aches and itching!! I really just don't know what to do any more any advice from people going through this would be greatly appreciated...iv had a time of it lately xx

venusbluejeans
08-11-15, 08:11
Hiya amyneedshelp and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

amyneedshelp
08-11-15, 08:35
Thank u..will start reading..and hopefully find some help and friends on here..just really need to find some thing xx

kellie39
08-11-15, 12:55
hi Amy
ive been suffering anxiety for 3 weeks now and it makes you feel horrible doesnt it. i also didnt like how citalopram made me feel and dont take them any more. im waiting for therapy of some sort.
here if you want to chat
xxx

fishman65
08-11-15, 14:16
Hi Amy, just out of interest...for how long did you take the citalopram? It can take a few weeks to feel the benefit with ADs but if you can stick with it the waiting is worthwhile,at least I found that in my case. Citalopram was probably the best AD I've taken but each to their own.

amyneedshelp
08-11-15, 20:13
Just over 2weeks I was taking them for really didn't agree with me...gonna see what else my gp would want to give me..kellie39 it is awful I can't bear it much longer and trying to cope with family and kids and stuff on top just isn't getting any better last 7weeks have been the worst of my life I think..I'm also waiting on therapy but waiting list are ridiculous sometimes I'm waiting on cbt and seeing a councillor..are u having counciling? Xx

kellie39
09-11-15, 13:02
i know how you feel Amy, its been so horrible. ive got kids as well so i know how you feel, luckily for me my hubby has been home so he has taken over and kept everything going.

how are you feeling now?

Tilly Trotter
09-11-15, 13:30
Hi Amy & Kelly!
I was also not happy taking Citalopram at first & decided after 4 days that I was going to stop, but was persuaded by a friend who's husband is a pharmacist & one who's partner is a semi retired GP to continue taking them. The latter said the low dose I was taking would do me no harm & hopefully would do some good! Mind you so far after taking them for 19 days I can't say I am feeling much better, but I am going to see my GP this afternoon. As far as counselling is concerned I couldn't wait for the NHS so I am seeing someone via Skype privately. Hope you both find a solution to your problems, please keep in touch & let me know how you are getting on xx

amyneedshelp
09-11-15, 16:06
My partner had had time off of work to help out but he can't do it all the time just feel so useless for my kids and they shouldn't see mummy like this...today has been horrid shaking all day things in my head just going round and round even just getting kids to nursery and school it didn't go away. .. my counciling isn't through the gp I had to organise that myself at my local counciling service but still not got back to me yet..my gp has organised cbt therapy online but still waiting for that too..have got an app with doc on Thursday so going to see if he will give me mitazapine iv read nothing but good about it..Kellie and tilly are u guys managing to go out? And also do u have the constant shakes? Its so good to have people to talk to as I don't have many friends I moved away from where I use to live...how has ur day been guys? Xx

kellie39
09-11-15, 16:20
i know how you feel i so dont want my kids to see me not myself.
ive had the terrible shakes, ive felt weak, shaky, waves of heat that come over my shoulders and down my body, sweating, no appetite, upset tummy, acid/heartburn, not sleeping properly ect.

ive not really been able to go out( although i did make myself go for a short walk today) i feel to weak ect to go out most of the time. i think i managed the school run twice last week and that was it.

how are you doing today?
xx

amyneedshelp
09-11-15, 16:49
Thats exactly the same as me Kellie but I have sickness and dirreha when I get really bad today I managed to get kids to nursery felt horrid all day before and after nursery run still feeling the same but a bit calmer but I think that's cuz I have people to talk to now who are going through the same things.. this is so hard not just on me on everyone just want it all sorted out but it's like being in a big circle and not finding the end can't wait for my app on Thursday just to see if the doc has anything else that will help...really didn't want more drugs but I don't seem to be able just now to do it by myself xx

Tilly Trotter
09-11-15, 17:42
Hi Both! I am a obviously a lot older than you because I no longer have the responsibility of children thank goodness while I am going through this! I do have two dogs though the mother & a 12 week old puppy which is my responsibility when my OH is at work! He works 12 hour shifts, two days & two nights then has four days off or three really if you consider he needs to sleep after the last night shift! I do not have the shakes at all but I am not really going out because I generally feel crap! I have been to the doc this afternoon & she thinks I look better, but it is going to be a slow business, could take 6 weeks for the Citalopram to kick in & I have to go back & see her in a month! I'm supposed to get up, get dressed, wash my hair & go for a walk, but the last few days the weather has been so diabolical that I haven't managed it. Some days I feel I am a little better & then others I feel exhausted & just want to sleep all day! I am not sleeping, usually wake at about 2/3 & then just doze until 5 or 6! How have you been today?

amyneedshelp
09-11-15, 17:58
I have awful sleep never just a whole night sleep...iv been the same today with the shakes and that but had to make myself go out and get my kids to nursery..I can't believe I felt so alone for weeks and now I've found people who feel the same as me..I'm finding this is helping me at the moment talking g to all u lovely people on here..I hope u are doing well tonight? X

kellie39
09-11-15, 18:39
hi both of you

this has been so horrible for me, i cant believe that 3 weeks ago i felt fine and now im a complete wreck.
im having a bit of a wobble this evening and feel a little anxious with a few aches and niggles. i hate this wobbly, shaky feeling it makes you feel worse.
im not sleeping properly either

est@me
10-11-15, 22:31
Hi! I'm new. Just wanted to say, my doctor prescribed me citalopram and it was awful! Felt so Ill. It's normally the first one they try so if you can find the strength to go back and ask for a different one it may help - my friend is on sertriline and says it's really great. Sometimes it's just finding the right one for you.

Take care :hugs: