PDA

View Full Version : Scared of symptoms! Bringing on attacks?

DavidJ85
16-02-07, 17:19
Everyday I feel dizzy, lightheaded, get a hot chest, weird electric/pins and needles sensations in my hands and breathlessness. Everyday is different and it's really worrying me.

I think of myself as a calm person but Im always thinking there's something more wrong with me.

Help

suebroughton
16-02-07, 22:22
Hi David. You are getting classic symptoms of panic. This is how me, and probably most of us feel in times of stress, or quite often, come on without any apparant reason. Have you spoken to your GP, or friends around you. When it happens to me and Im at work, I try to change the room I am in, or go make a cup of tea. Anything to distract me. I used to give in to it, and work myself up into a full blown panic attack, but now I find it very helpfull if I distract myself. The lightheadedness is a hard one, try breathing excersises, deep breaths in through the nose, and slowley breathe out through the mouth. Hope you OK.

mandie
17-02-07, 00:11
Hi David

This sounds like me to. I was bad with this yesterday.

Like Sue i try and distract myself and this usually helps

mandie x

birdinumnum
17-02-07, 05:26
Hi David,

I too used to suffer with these symptoms when I thought I had some neurological condition, my focus is now on my heart so my symptoms are all to do with my chest.
What I do know though is that if there was something wrong with you, your symptoms wouldn't be all over your body i.e. pins and needles in both hands, it would be one arm or one leg and then that limb wouldn't work properly and you'd fall over or drop things.
I was told by a doctor friend of mine once that they are taught in medical school that, more than three main symptoms is probably psychosis, I'm not saying your a psycho (lol) I mean I've usually got about ten symptoms on the go at any one time, but the symptoms you describe sound purely anxiety related, so try to relax, and float over the anxiety (i know easier said than done), breathe, accept, and you'll probably notice the symptoms lessening.
Hope this helps a bit (wish I could take my own advice!!!)
Birdi xxx

tam
17-02-07, 08:25
HI DAVID YES I FEEL LIKE THIS TO AND DEF SOUNDS LIKE ANXIETY.TRY NOT TO THINK THAT THE SYMPTONS WILL BRING ON ATTACKS AS THINKING THIS PROBALLY WILL.YOU WILL GET MORE SYMTOMS MORE PANIC,WORRY ABOUT MORE SYMPTONS AND THINGS GET BIGGER.I KNOW ITS HARD BUT HAVE LEARNED IT JUST MAKES THINGS WORSE.DISTRACTING YOURSELF CAN HELP ALOT.TAKE CARE TRACY

DavidJ85
17-02-07, 10:44
Thanks guys, I guess I'm paranoid and scared there's more wrong with me than there actually is.

I always get dizzy daily though :(

I've got a neurological appt in April so that will show if there is anything but as many have said it's mostly psychological!

Help

Lissy43
17-02-07, 21:34
It all sounds like anxiety symptoms, I too feel like that most days when im having a bad time with my anxiety.

Please do not worry about those symptoms as they are anxiety.

DavidJ85
17-02-07, 23:37
Thankyou, I think it takes time to figure out that it's all related and I'm glad I found this site!