PDA

View Full Version : ache in side of boob and back breast cancer

Beckie4567
08-11-15, 12:24
There's been so much everywhere lately about breast cancer awareness and bout two weeks ago I decided to check my boobs as I normally don't do them on a regular basis.i felt the left one and it was a bit sore to toach well this got be worried so I was then feeling everyday alday pressing and prodding and the lady week I've had an ache in the sideof my breast and in my back I never had it before I started prodding it so wondered if it was as from that or just coincidence its happening now I'm worried bout breast cancer I don't feel a lump or anything but convinced I something bad has anyone else had achy boobs please x

Pepperpot
08-11-15, 16:57
Achy boobs are not a sign of breast cancer. Is it your time of the month?

Beckie4567
08-11-15, 20:37
No it isn't and I read it can be a sign

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:36 ----------

Its been constant pretty much for a week ��

pulisa
08-11-15, 20:40
What do you want people to say?

Beckie4567
08-11-15, 21:25
I'm after people who have had it before

HopelessWorrier2011
08-11-15, 23:22
Isn't this the same as the thread you put on on the 26th October? Have you had this checked out? If you are concerned, no amount of reassurance is going to help here after reading through your previous posts

Beckie4567
09-11-15, 11:19
Yes it is just been up docs said she cudbt feel any lumps or anything abnormal but why am I still worried :( sed it was prob muscular

pulisa
09-11-15, 11:25
Why are you still worried?

HopelessWorrier2011
09-11-15, 12:53
Because what you are experiencing is another symptom of anxiety. Your Dr has said this isn't a worrisome symptom, they are experienced professionals. Your mind should be eased. Looking back through your threads it seems you go from one thing to another very very quickly. How is your therapy going?

lottie59
09-11-15, 13:07
Hi Beckie

My HA kicked itself off with a great big bang, ache and pain in both my breasts!!! at the time I didn't know I suffered with HA and I too like yourself really believed I had breast cancer..

I googled (I now know not to) Breast Cancer and all sorts popped up!.. itchy nipples, aches, Leakage and pains, dimples etc etc are all supposedly signs of breast cancer (SUPPOSEDLY) and bam before I knew it I had every symptom under the sun.. As I sit and type this my right breast is aching..

so I went to my GP convinced I was dying she examined me and no lumps.. that was that I did not have breast cancer.. sigh of relief and weight lifted for a day until pain came back and HA kicked its ugly head and again I believed I was dying. Subsequently it took 3 DRs and sertraline to diagnose HA and not breast cancer.

what can I say? Anxiety is probably causing your symptoms BUT someone wise on hear I think told me to start taking evening primrose oil as it helps with hormones and achy boobs :-) IT REALLY WORKS but takes about 4 weeks to get in your system so persevere.

PM me if you need to talk darling..

xx

---------- Post added at 13:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 ----------

PS
NO amount of Ibuprofen or paracetmol will take this pain away.. seriously try some Evening Primrose Oil :D

Beckie4567
09-11-15, 15:47
Thankyou Lottie really appreciate your thread hun ill def get son of that thankyou��

Beckie4567
10-11-15, 15:53
Still achy:(

jayb1
10-11-15, 16:32
Definitely sounds muscular. I had achy left boob a while ago and I used lavender body lotion . great for soothing aches and pains. Be aware that evening primrose reacts with certain meds check with a herbalist before using.

white1989
10-11-15, 17:02
Hello hun,

I greatly sympathise with you as i'm only 26 and breast cancer is a massive fear of mine! I regularly get achey breasts, predominantly my left one, and I have had 2 scans at the breast clinic which have both proved to be clear! you didn't mention your age, but one thing to remember is that breast cancer is VERY rare under 35, my argument is 'well I have read some stories in the papers about girls in their 20s getting in' to which I have been told 'yes that is because it is SO RARE that every case makes itself to the papers as it is so rare!! so in the grand scheme of things when there are over a billion women in the world, the fact that 5 or 6 cases of breast cancer in women under 30 make news stories is because it is so so unheard of! (that may be totally unhelpful if you are over 40 but still always good to know:roflmao:) but aside from that, like a previous user said breast pain is very rarely a symptom of breast cancer, it is much more likely to be related to hormones, the contraceptive pill, other medications, muscular problems, etc. I would have it checked out by your gp if you are really worried but achey boobs, as far as I have been told, are hardly ever a sign of cancer!
hope you start to feel better soon!
best wishes xx

Beckie4567
10-11-15, 21:06
Hi thanks white I appreciate your post hun I'm 29 .i went to go last week and she sed it was probably muscular she did an exam and sed she cudnt feel any lumps or anything so that's a good think just went u have aches for like a week or so it gets you down :( x

white1989
11-11-15, 14:47
oh that's great news hun they really know what theyre looking for so if she couldn't find any lumps that's really positive. I know what you mean it can really bring you down but hopefully everything will be fine xcx