PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have anxiety about having anxiety?

Sparkling_Fairy
08-11-15, 23:13
So lately my anxiety isn't really anymore about health or dying, but more about having anxiety.
I'm in constant fear of getting anxiety symptoms, which then of course I usually get.
Especially trembling and the internal shaking. I think I'm gonna get them all day long and then by the evening, there they are.
I can somewhat deal with the heart palpitations or the chills, they're not usually too bad and I can calm myself enough to get rid of them. But oh the trembling, I just can't seem to get it to go away!
Anyone else have this? That you're afraid of getting anxiety more than anything else?

MyNameIsTerry
09-11-15, 04:42
Yes, it's very common especially for people with GAD I think as you often don't have triggers as you just stay anxious a lot of the time.

The internal trembling or "buzzing bees" as one member on here put it is a classic sign of adrenaline and you will find that moving around will stop you noticing it. I've had this from the very start, over 9 years. Thats not to say it's always bad, it's not much of an issue thesedays compared to other symptoms but initially it was one of my worst as it was 24/7 relentless.

Fear or fear is a classic of an overstimulated fight or flight process. This is typical for GAD sufferers as you end up "reset" to become more sensitised in general but it can be observed in others on here who seem more HA or even OCD or PD. I think it can be a severity issue.

I think this is a bit of a long term symptom for many of us and needs to be dealt with by constant movement towards being more relaxed in general and also to work on our ability to notice symptoms more strongly.

Sparkling_Fairy
09-11-15, 13:58
Thanks for the reply! I think the problem is also that I'm a real couch potato so there's not a lot to get the internal shaking feeling away. Also it usually happens at night time when there's not much left to do.

I'm glad I've gotten past the stage of being anxious about my health. Now I just need to get rid of being anxious about anxiety symptoms ;)

Always reassuring to know I'm not the only one.
Can't imagine what it must be like to deal with it for over 9 years!

emily67
09-11-15, 14:13
I hate getting anxious over every single thing- even if it's something trivial.

I still don't know what all my triggers are, so that's another thing.. am I going to be okay with this new thing, or is it going to make me an anxious wreck- yes I do worry about it.

Sparkling_Fairy
09-11-15, 19:36
Yeah, I don't know what my triggers are either. Sometimes it just comes on.

When I feel anxiety coming on, I run up and down the stairs a couple of times (and look like a COMPLETE lunatic), but the exercise relieves me. It makes me calm down then. Maybe I should try that late at night to get rid of the internal shaking feeling

jadedreams
09-11-15, 23:29
Yeah I definitely get this too, anxiety of anxiety... no fun at all. Wishing us all well.

GingerFish
11-11-15, 09:08
I get anxious about feeling anxious and then I get anxious if I feel better or hell, even totally calm! My OCD kicks in with thoughts like "oh maybe you were drugged and that's why you feel better!" which I know is stupid but I think its just because worrying becomes so much of a habit that we become worried to keep on worrying but then we also worry if we don't worry because we aren't used to not worrying. Feels like a never ending loop!

Leah1971
11-11-15, 11:32
Yep I get this too. Anxious over feeling anxious. I'm still working on accepting it plus distraction. It's a work in progress :)

Sparkling_Fairy
11-11-15, 12:59
Thanks all! Yeah, I definitely seem to have just anxiety about getting anxiety.

And I'm with you on the worrying when you're relaxed.
Last night I felt relaxed and my heart rate went down to 75 (which is high enough, but somewhere in the middle of what it should be) and I panicked because it's not usually that low for me.
And up went the heart rate and came the hot flashes!

I was like: WTF?!? 75 is still considered high by a lot of people who are very active. For you, that would be considered normal, not abnormally low!
Vicious cycle for sure!