PDA

View Full Version : Headaches!

ThePerfctSky
09-11-15, 16:19
Hi everyone just a quick question for anyone who would like to help me out. Its just everytime I get a headache it is ALWAYS on my right side (never the left or all over) of my head behind my eye I get one about 2 times a week sometimes they get where they make me feel a bit sickly, they tend to go away fast with pain killers though, is this normal? Does anyone else suffer from this on one side every time they get a headache? Ive suffered with this for a couple years now.

Also I heard that only migranes cause headache on one side but my headaches dont seem to be painful enough to be a migrane, do migranes have to feel very painful or can they be mild?

Can tension headaches be one sided only all the time?

I worry because one sided headaches can be a cause of a brain tumour and my Grandad died of a brain tumour when I was very young which scares me more. Before my HA I always just took pain killers and got on with my day but now I worry my headaches are something more sinister. Thanks for reading as always. I hope someone can help me out.

Sparkling_Fairy
09-11-15, 17:27
They are migraines.

I used to get them all the time as a teenager and they started off where painkillers would get rid of them. 10 years later they are now so bad I need prescription medication for them.
Yes migraines can be mild-ish, especially if they're new. I used to always have them on the right side of my head. Started behind my eye, eventually pulled over the entire right side of my head. Usually made me feel nauseous. Now I have them on both sides of my head, but not at the same time.

For some people they're not as bad as for others. If normal painkillers go away, consider yourself lucky!
But they are just migraines

---------- Post added at 17:27 ---------- Previous post was at 17:26 ----------

Oh, and I also get them 2 - 3 times a week. So again the frequency is also nothing to worry about.
But it might be worth looking into some lifestyle changes or some preventative medication

MrAndy
09-11-15, 17:35
I used to get one sided headaches and found out it was from grinding my teeth at night

ThePerfctSky
09-11-15, 18:38
Oh thats interesting to hear. I always have been put under the impression that migranes were always very painful, i mean sometimes mine are really bad where i just have to lay in a dark room but sometimes they are mild and go away with little or no pain killers.

Thank you very much this is really helpful to know and makes me feel alot better. Do yours also make you feel a bit shaky?

Thank you so much for your reply it has helped so much :)

---------- Post added at 19:38 ---------- Previous post was at 18:37 ----------

I used to get one sided headaches and found out it was from grinding my teeth at night

Yeah i think i grind my teeth too when im anxious even when i think im not anxious i quite obviously am. I also sleep funny on my neck on one side so that could also cause my one sided headache. Thank You :)

Sparkling_Fairy
09-11-15, 18:49
Yeah, if I take my meds too late I start sweating, feeling clammy, shaking, nauseous, the lot!
I also get this depersonalized feeling that people sometimes get from anxiety. Like I'm not moving with the world. Migraines also don't always come with a headache. A headache is only a symptom. You can have silent migraines where you get no pain, but all the other weird body symptoms. So you might have a small headache, but feel all the rest anyway

ThePerfctSky
09-11-15, 18:53
Thats exactly what I get too its so strange. Thank you so so much you've helped a lot. Such kind people on here, this site helps me to stop googling symptoms!

Thanks again! :)

Sparkling_Fairy
09-11-15, 19:37
Thats exactly what I get too its so strange. Thank you so so much you've helped a lot. Such kind people on here, this site helps me to stop googling symptoms!

Thanks again! :)

No problem!

I'm glad I can at least help someone, since I'm still so new to this anxiety thing.
But if there's one thing I know about, it's migraines! Chronic sufferer since childhood, officially diagnosed 10 years ago.
So any questions, feel free to ask!

ThePerfctSky
10-11-15, 07:30
No problem!

I'm glad I can at least help someone, since I'm still so new to this anxiety thing.
But if there's one thing I know about, it's migraines! Chronic sufferer since childhood, officially diagnosed 10 years ago.
So any questions, feel free to ask!

Thats super kind thank you! :)