PDA

View Full Version : Feeling awkward

gregcool
10-11-15, 10:42
Hey guys,not had a very good few days,but recently im feeling very awkward around myself and esp while im watching the tv...if i see someone in the tv acting awkward or bad acting,it makes me feel awkward and uncomftable...does anyone eles get this,why does it happen

MyNameIsTerry
10-11-15, 11:01
Sorry to hear you are having a few bad days, Greg. I think you probably know it's likely to be withdrawal though. They are all periods of adjustment and we may notice some things that weren't there before but it could just be a temporary annoyance.

I think one thing to consider is how much this med has made you emotionless & flat. I don't know much about this med so maybe Andy or others who've been on them can help here. It just seems to me that part of withdrawal from a med that does that could mean experiencing emotions again that seem strange or alien, a bit like how having good days feels like that when you have had them bad daily for so long.

You will need to be avoiding entire TV channels if bad acting is an issue though. :winks:

Have you been experiencing any other changes in emotions that have come along, even if they are good ones? Perhaps you are now getting back your ability to feel things more and it's a bit intense right now?

MrAndy
10-11-15, 11:09
I get uncomfortable watching corrie and east enders but only because its shite :)
Cutting back on olanazpine will bring your emotions back on stream Greg,I cant say its that for sure but if youve had a bad few days its probably down to withdrawal.My sleeps still dodgy and ive got a fuzzy head/headache after 3 weeks cutting back

Magic
10-11-15, 11:29
I am the same greg. If there is bad acting in anything. I put something else on TV.
I do watch Emmerdale and Coronation Street. I see no bad acting.
In fact some of the actors have gone on to do other series and have done very well for themselves:hugs:

gregcool
10-11-15, 12:57
Thanks guys...its been a few weeks now sonce i started my reduction on this med olanzipine..a total of one week on the next drop of 1/8th...so in total a quarter drop uptill now....i see what your saying terry, i do turn the tv over in this situation,its just if i see someone hesatate to respond to another person and struggle to answer,thats when it afects me most..dont know why i get this unless its my emotions coming through as you say terry...my sleep is still good tho so unlike poor andy im ok there.iv been waiting for sleep disruption but been lucky......magic im glad im not the onlyone that feels this....cant say iv had any good days since reducing down,but have had moments,but not for long....my plan after xmas is to try and give up smoking again and join my local gym to loose weight and lift my mood,feel good about myself...i remember when i did used to goto the gym i couldnt wait to go every day.i lost alot of weight before and was very trim in the end and felt great,esp when buying new clothes and small t shirts...did make me feel good,but i was a non smoker and a non drinker back then 5 years ago so the gym was easy because i wasnt traped with these adictions

Elen
10-11-15, 13:26
Hi Greg

Like the others I would say that this is likely to be due to the reduced dose.

I cannot stand bad acting but some of the story lines are making me cringe as well just now.

Just as well that I never real concentrate on the TV, it is more on for background noise.

gregcool
10-11-15, 17:04
Thanks elen yep prob the meds.ill keep at it with them..just bloody anoying tho..

MyNameIsTerry
11-11-15, 06:27
Yeah, I remember you talking about your lifting days, Greg. It will be good for you.

You can get a load of free gym sessions courtesy of your GP thesedays. The premiership footie club in my city also had one of their trainers branching out in rehabilitation work so he offered PT sessions in a local gym, so many free sessions. You might be able to get started for free!! I reckon you could swing that with your GP by telling him/her it's to lose some of the weight off the olanzapine :winks:

gregcool
11-11-15, 09:16
Yes thats a thought terry,i will have to speek to my doctor about it..that would be a result if there were free sesions..cheers for that mate

MyNameIsTerry
11-11-15, 09:26
This is what it is as an example:

http://www.hpft.nhs.uk/_uploads/documents/wellbeing/active-4-life-quick-reference-guide.pdf

I think it is referred to as the "GP Exercise Referral Scheme" and mild-moderate mental health conditions are in that that form.

So, if they still do 12 weeks, thats can't be bad mate.

gregcool
11-11-15, 10:32
Ok terry cheers mate..im seeing my doc next week,ill ask about that..be nice to try before i buy...