PDA

View Full Version : Fear of endocarditis

MagicMadjeski
10-11-15, 13:19
Hi All,

Hope you're all well. I'm hoping someone can help me with a tooth abscess question. The short history is, I have an almost deliberating fear of the dentist and have messed up my oral hygiene which has caused lots of issues with having to have extractions. The fear is now compounded by the fact that when I have extractions, I bleed heavily and it stops me going for the further treatment.

This year I got a nasty infection on a pre-molar which has already had a root canal so I was given the option for a re-root canal privately or extraction so I had it re-done which has failed again leaving me with an extraction due in 2 weeks. The issue is, I feel really unwell with it, since it happened, I have had random bouts of tachycardia which were first put down to a UTI which was confirmed and now suspected SVT.

I can't seem to stop obsessing that my tiredness, loss of appetite and palpitations might be something more sinister regarding the tooth infection and when I google search it, scary conditions like endocarditis appear which petrify me. Both the dentist and my GP say its nothing to worry about but I am bricking it that something is wrong. Does anyone have any experience of this or similar that could offer advice?

Thank you!

MagicMadjeski
18-11-15, 22:19
Quick update, I'm 6 days away from getting the tooth extracted unless I give up and go to emergency dentist. I have been getting really unwell with chills/shivering uncontrollably (no temperature), headaches, nausea and tachycardia. I've seen 2 GPs and had blood tests today which results should be back by end of the week. I'm still scaring myself silly about serious infections spreading but both GPs said they're not concerned and they think it is a mixture of viral, stress, anxiety and the tooth infection knocking my immune system for six.

Still I lay here in bed and cannot get my pulse to under 80bpm which is 20 more than normal. My legs are aching and head pounding and I just don't know how I will cope waiting on these results and treatment. Can anyone share any similar experiences? Thank you :)