PDA

View Full Version : Please could someone give me some advice?

Sam_dh
10-11-15, 16:31
So, i have had severe GAD for around 10 years and I've had some really tough times.
I am currently in a tough time, last month i went on a trip to paris and amsterdam which was huge for me.
I had a great time but i came back and just felt horrible, trapped, down, all of those things.
I kind of got over that but now i have another horrible feeling, i feel trapped in wrapped up in just horrible feelings.
I think the weather is part of it, its always grey and dark at the moment which makes me feel more trapped.
Tomorrow i am meant to go on a holiday to Madrid but i don't know if i should go or not.
I feel like i don't want to even go but i know if my anxiety was under control i wouldn't be able to wait, id be desperate to go.
I feel like what if i still feel like this when i am there, what will i do then and obviously i have all other worries about going away :/
I just wondered if anyone had any advice or if they've been in a similar situation?
I feel like ill never not feel trapped and that makes all this worse too :(

Thanks for any help

ray.olsen
11-11-15, 10:28
Hi Sam

I'm sorry to hear about your condition. It's a good thing that despite your condition you still manage to go on holidays. Do you have anyone to accompany you? What precautionary measures are you currently taking in case a panic or anxiety episode occurs?

The weather, the environment, even smell can affect mood maybe that is what you are experiencing and the gloomy weather brings you down. What did you and your clinician talk about regarding this matter?

Have fun in your vacation and enjoy Madrid. If you have any question don't hesitate to ask.