PDA

View Full Version : Food Poisoning

NotCool
10-11-15, 17:06
Hey, guys.

Today I ate some potatoes, pumpkins and cooked chicken stake. I felt really really full, it was too much. Then I drank some coffee with milk.

After about 30-40 minutes, I started getting weird stomach feeling, and went to the toilet, where I started getting explosive diarrhea, nausea and stomach cramps. I vomited a little, and waited about an hour and a half until my symptoms passed. Fixed myself some water with salt and sugar, and drank a little of it. Nausea and abdominal cramps passed.

Then I had to go again. (!!Warning, graphic details!!) Streams of explosive watery diarrhea, mixed with some white stuff (might be mucus), to the degree that I was seriously asking myself where the hell did the liquid come from, as I sure hadn't drank that much of it. I don't know I ever experienced something like that. And while drinking my beverage with salt/sugar, I felt that 20 seconds later, I put it out on the other end.

I have to say that I'm rather scared that something is seriously wrong with my liver and/or intestines. I'm afraid I'll die of dehydration, as any liquids that I drink, come out very quick.

Has anyone have a similar experience? Is it time to go to the hospital? Could something be wrong with my liver/kidneys? Is this degree of diarrhea normal for potential food poisoning?

I appreciate the replies.

anxious_thoughts
10-11-15, 20:54
Hello NotCool,

I'm currently going through something like this myself. Doctors don't know if it is food poisoning or the flu.

However, Sunday morning around 1am I started having very very bad diarrhea and vomittung until 6am. It was so bad that my throw up and diarrhea became yellow and I was so dehydrated that I fainted so my parents rushed me to the hospital.

All they did was give me 7 pills, two for the vomiting, two for the dirreha, and 3 tylenols cause I also had a fever. My blood tests were cleared and they put me under observation for three hours then sent me home because the vomiting and diarrhea stopped. I haven't thrown up or anything since, but I am feeling weak and dizzy.

If your vomiting or diarrhea continues please go to the hospital. I wouldn't even wish what I went through on my worst enemy.

If your vomiting stops I would take some gravol for nausea and Imodium for the diarrhea (that stuff works great)

I really hope everything works out.

Take care.

MyNameIsTerry
10-11-15, 22:46
I could be too much bulk from the meal especially if there were a lot of potatoes. I've had that with Sunday roasts.

Keep hydrated and replenish your body salts if you can. If it goes on for days though see your GP for some help with it. Dehydration and loss of body salts are a concern over a longer period e.g. my mum had a bug for over a week and needed a drip but she was in her seventies, barely ate for a week and drank very little and at her age it's more if a concern.

NotCool
13-11-15, 00:59
Thanks, guys. Stomach troubles passed, and I'm back to eating normal and relatively normal BMs. Guess it was just a minor case of gastroenteritis (stomach bug).

Sorry to hear that you passed out, jennclark, hope it wasn't too traumatizing for you and that the situation is back to normal with you as well.