PDA

View Full Version : Mouth ulcer worry

jackdobs
10-11-15, 17:16
Hi all,

back again with another fear about my mouth. 1 week and 3 days ago, I noticed my upper inner lip felt sore, and when I checked there appeared to be an ulcer forming. After a couple of days, it was a full blown, yellow ulcer, all red round the edges.

Now, I'm in therapy at the moment for anxiety (as well as tablets), so I tried to rationalize and not think the C word. After about 5 or 6 days last week (and after applying some stuff to it), the ulcer went down a little, and then a little more, and now it's just quite a faint white area. It doesn't hurt any more and doesn't bother me. I wouldn't know it was there if I didn't check.

Any thoughts or helpful words? If I'm honest, I just want a hug. So drained from this latest bout of anxiety. Therapy tonight will hopefully help. :weep:

Fishmanpa
10-11-15, 17:22
You know deep down it just an ulcer so just hang tight and discuss it this evening if need be. Get some more tools in your belt to fight off the dragon. Good to see you're being pro-active with your anxiety.

Positive thoughts

jackdobs
10-11-15, 19:38
Thanks, fishmanpa. That meant a lot. It's so hard to rationalise when you're so anxious about it! I have definitely got better though and I'm telling myself that it's healing...after all, it's gone down a lot and looks like it's healing, no longer hurts or anything...

Sparkling_Fairy
10-11-15, 22:41
I got 3 ulcers in the span of 2 months. And all lasted for over 2 weeks! They can hang around for a long time and be really painful!
But they are just ulcers. Seems to be quite common in people with anxiety, probably from biting down at night. You know it's going down so trust that it's just an ulcer.
They just take a really long time!