PDA

View Full Version : Still worrying but doctors says its normal but still unsure

Amandapanda88
10-11-15, 18:25
So I finally went to the doctor about spots on my nipple she said it was normal straight away but I still feel concerned she didn't checked my breast or anything or ask any questions about it she just looked at it for a few seconds and touched it with her hand but that was it I feel taken back I at least expected her to check my breast or squeeze the nipple for discharge . Tbh I think she was just in a hurry to get home and I was her last apointment . I see a lot of people on here doctors ordering tests and doing checks . I feel because my age I got written off . Am going to try and not think about it and take her word for it I guess she would know if it was bad or not . But she didn't even look at my other nipple or even asked me if that was the same or anything . A bit disappointed as it took a lot for me to go I was having panic attacks all day thinking about this apointment . Anyone else dealt with a doctor like this

Lifelonganxiety!
10-11-15, 23:46
I've dealt with doctors like this before, in that they take a quick look, tell you you're fine then just end the appointment. The thing is, they for the most part know what they're talking about!

All of those appointments I left cursing the doctor for ignoring something, well, it turns out I was fine! They see a lot of issues every day, and are very qualified to tell you if something looks wrong or warrants further investigation.

You need to trust your doctor. They have many years of training, have your best interests at heart and don't want to miss anything serious.

Amandapanda88
12-11-15, 00:32
Thank u. Am going to try and just not think about it anymore but it's hard after spending weeks sitting up at night convinced I had a terminal illness or something for the doctor to look at it for second and just pass it off . Tbh the biggest thing am worrying about is that the doctors are just not going to take me serious anymore and miss something