PDA

View Full Version : Trying to cope with the flu or food poisoning

anxious_thoughts
10-11-15, 20:12
Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to get over a bad flu or food poisoning. Sunday morning around 1am I started to uncontrollably throw up and I had very bad diarrhea. I became so dehydrated that I fainted. It was so scary, my parents rushed me to the hospital. I was so cold and pale. My stomach is also still sore.

The hospital ran a lot of blood tests and check my blood pressure multiple times. Everything came out clear. Now I am just trying to gain my strength back. I am very anxious because I haven't had much of an appetite at all. Today is the first day I ate something more solid. I had chicken soup.

After that I decided to take a shower. I am now feeling pretty dizzy. I'm scared I might faint again. But I haven't thrown up or had diarrhea since 10am on Sunday. I just wish the dizziness would go. Is that normal? I hate feeling this way. :(

Lifelonganxiety!
10-11-15, 23:53
Absolutely!

Recovering from an illness will leave you weak and dizzy, particularly if you haven't eaten much in a couple of days, but I would imagine the real cause of dizziness is that you have been lying down for so long. Hell, if I sleep in for a few hours I'll be dizzy when I walk around. It's just your body getting used to being vertical again, will pass in a day or so.

anxious_thoughts
12-11-15, 04:02
Thank you so much for the reply!
I didn't really think of it that way but that's so true.
Dizziness is such a bad feeling, lol. Luckily today it hasn't been that bad. I tried to go out went to the corner store and I started feeling a little dizzy and my legs felt weak again. I'm not sure if I can hold it up for work tomorrow :(