PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my skin.

TLM
10-11-15, 20:24
On my right index finger, above the knuckle, but on the right side of my finger (facing towards the thumb) there is a rough patch of skin that is slightly tinted brown. It's been there as long as I can remember, but I am wondering if this is potentially an issue, or maybe just a birthmark? The brown is quite faint, I've never taken issue with it up until now. But in the past few months I've been quite worried about my health. I think I'm developing some sort of anxiety. (I'm autistic, does that have an effect on potential anxiety?) I'm really worried about it, but it hasn't been related to any actual health issues, I've just been really worried and need some help.

Lifelonganxiety!
10-11-15, 23:51
If it's been there for as long as you can remember I doubt it's anything to worry about. Also, it doesn't sound like anything bad even if you had only just noticed it.

Anyone can look at their skin and find "problems". I have areas that are scaly, light colored moles, dark colored moles, raised areas, indentations, red dots... you name it. It's just the way human skin is!

For sure educate yourself about what to look for as potentially harmful, but don't sweat it!

p.s. I don't know if autism has any affect on anxiety. I know that plenty of people without autism are anxious so I think it doesn't discriminate at all!

TLM
16-11-15, 20:08
If it's been there for as long as you can remember I doubt it's anything to worry about. Also, it doesn't sound like anything bad even if you had only just noticed it.

Anyone can look at their skin and find "problems". I have areas that are scaly, light colored moles, dark colored moles, raised areas, indentations, red dots... you name it. It's just the way human skin is!

For sure educate yourself about what to look for as potentially harmful, but don't sweat it!

p.s. I don't know if autism has any affect on anxiety. I know that plenty of people without autism are anxious so I think it doesn't discriminate at all!
Thank you, so much, I've been worrying for no reason. I've looked at skin conditions and none are what I've described so, I thought it was nothing, but I was really worried.

robin321
16-11-15, 20:32
Probably just a callous or something. I have some areas of dry skin, and that happens - especially on my hand/feet and around my fingers/toes.