PDA

View Full Version : an ambitious socialphobe...

dangermouse85
16-02-07, 22:23
hi all
I'm a 21 year old kiwi girl, and have been struggling with social phobia since i was 12. Depression came along when i was about 14, and i was never diagnosed properly until i got to uni 3 years ago(and only because i was missing lectures as i was freaking out in them!). I'm also a singer...which means that anything such as talent quest at high school were a nightmare for the month leading up to it. GREAT TIMES!!
I'm now on antidepressants and take beta blockers leading up to a performance, which do help a little....but i still find that the thought of parties or clubbing (which i love to do) freak me out and I haven't been into town for over a year now as i freak out when im there and then again in the taxi home. would love to hear from people in similar situations. I would love to be able to perform without feeling sick the whole time:( and live life like a relatively normal 21 year old should!
feel free to contact me via email, as you can see i've had way too much experience with this thing and would love to exchange battle strategies and experiences with others.
hugs
jess

manmoor
16-02-07, 22:49
Hi Jess,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

mazz
17-02-07, 00:11
Welcome to nmp jess
Mazz xxx

wobily_lin
17-02-07, 06:37
elo Jess,

A big welcome to the site...great support n advice here..glad to have ya on board x

Take care,
Lin xxx
"Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!

trac67
19-02-07, 13:49
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

nomorepanic
20-02-07, 18:11
Hi Jess

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will meet some lovely caring people and gets loads of support and advice.

krystana
14-03-09, 11:10
hi there its my first time on this site im wondering how you have gotten along some 2years into your new found confidence etc life is really challenging at times and crazy feelings and emotions are created ( crazy as in weird not crazy crazy :) ) im living in nz recently moved to auckladn after a life time in mt maunganui would love to see how life has panned out for you all the best:yesyes: :shades: :) :D :noangel: :yahoo: :whistles: :yesyes: :flowers: :roflmao: :yahoo: :whistles: :yahoo:

kittykat
14-03-09, 11:40
Hi Jess and :welcome: to the site , a lot of good advice and support on here , and the chatroom is very good as well, take care xx

weeble40
14-03-09, 15:07
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

sunshine-lady
15-03-09, 21:03
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif