PDA

View Full Version : Sore throat, coughing up mucus and night sweats?

Gregg_
11-11-15, 07:25
Hi all,

I've had a sore throat for three days now, with mucus being coughed up. I woke up in the night last night really warm and sweating with my sheets wet.

Is it normal to "sweat out" a sore throat/mucus cough at night?

I have anxiety over night sweats anyway, after a bit of a lymphoma scare/fear this summer so I don't want it to take over again. I saw my doctor last week (before I had this bad throat) and he reminded me he had sent me for all types of blood tests and scans.

Lifelonganxiety!
11-11-15, 16:47
Sounds like you have a virus of some kind. Give it a few days and your body will take care of it. Not serious at all!

Gregg_
12-11-15, 13:13
Sounds like you have a virus of some kind. Give it a few days and your body will take care of it. Not serious at all!

Thank you for the reply :)

I already have bad anxiety over night sweats (due to an enlarged spleen that was found earlier this year, which led to Lymphoma anxiety, despite being told I was ok) and the one the other night was pretty bad.

I think it was my fever breaking though as I got into bed last night and was much cooler and didn't wake up sweating. Still feeling a bit rough though

Lifelonganxiety!
12-11-15, 16:45
Glad you didn't have any sweats last night. Sure does sound like you have a short term bug of some kind, 'tis the season for them!

Rest up, drink plenty of fluids and all of that good stuff, you'll be back to normal before you know it!