PDA

View Full Version : Hello all.

PTSDandME
11-11-15, 09:59
My story is a long one so i'll try to keep it short. I was diagnosed with PTSD, Depression, Agoraphobia and Ganeralised anxiety disorder back in 2009. I served in an overseas police service, who's name I would not like to mention for personal reasons, for a decade from 1989 - 1999. I saw things and experienced things nobody should! A family members murder in 2009 somehow triggered the PTSD and all the other bits. I have since realised that I had it a lot longer than I thought, at least 20 years! I've done CBT, Art Therapy, EMDR and good old councilling. These tharapies have had various success with some even making it worse, but thats another story all together!
I was 'let go' from my job due to being 'medically inefficient' back in 2010 and my family and I have been struggeling along with state benefits since then! (Wife works part time to care for me). I'm currently going through the DLA to PIP process and it is not easy! Anyhow, that's me in a nutshell.

venusbluejeans
11-11-15, 10:06
Hiya PTSDandME and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: