PDA

View Full Version : worrying about cancer AGAIN please help

white1989
11-11-15, 16:32
hi everyone I've had a hard lump behind my left ear lope that i noticed at least 2 years ago and its always been there never changed. it doesn't move it feels kind of like bone/tissue although the other side doesn't have it and feel completely flat. I'm now worrying as I've noticed an itchy rash behind both of my ears, its like little raised itchy spots and little swellings; i don't know if this is allergy related, its just drawn my attention back to this lump as the rash feels worse on the side with the lump and here i am panicking that the lump is sinister!
can anyone shed any light on this or offer any reassurance, its been there a number of years like i said but I'm really worried it could just be a dormant tumour :/

ThePerfctSky
11-11-15, 23:13
Hello, please dont worry about this I am sure after a couple of years if it were sinister it would have grown. I wish I could tell myself this and believe myself, I honestly know exactly how you feel right now.

Is this lump small pea sized? Is it kind of under your ear but just behind the lobe (part you get pierced)? I have one just there I have to feel it by pressing a little but its definitely there, i noticed it about 2 months ago maybe more. I think mine maybe a lymph node from an infection?! Maybe a normal part of my body?! Maybe its always been there. I'm not too sure but I am not thinking about it and I have noticed that if I stop feeling it it slips out of my mind and feels smaller when I do eventually "remember" its there.

Also you have to remember that no one is perfectly symmetrical. I hope this helps and makes sense like I said I know how you feel right now. I hope you feel better soon. :)

Oh yeah, maybe the rash and itching is from being anxious I know anxiety can cause us to be itchy. I often get small rashes and itchiness where you said when I am warm or anxious so maybe thats the reason?! I really hope I have helped ins some way.

white1989
12-11-15, 09:54
theperfctsky,

thank you for your response, yeah its about pea sized maybe a little bigger, its completely hard and unmoveable and feels like its part of my bone but I was just worried because it does not exist on the other side! yeah im the same as you, it kind of just goes out of my head then ill feel it again and start worrying about it again!! (usually when I have zero other bodily symptoms to worry about so I just go looking for an old one to bring back up :roflmao:) you might be right about the rash, I think it could be an allergy too to either food or a cosmetic product like shampoo maybe. hopefully we will both be ok! thanks for the support x