PDA

View Full Version : 1 step forward - 2 steps back

Pepperpot
11-11-15, 16:38
Annoyed I am today. I feel like I have been getting better, and the irrational thoughts are going, slowly but surely. The physical symptoms are not as bad - I get horrific chest pains, but they only panic me when they are on the left side, not the centre or the right. However, the past couple of days the strange throat sensation is back - and it feels like I am struggling to swallow and am gonna choke, which panics me. I actually must have got rid of it for a few weeks, cos now it's back, I've noticed it. It's so aggravating and scary at the same time.

Fishmanpa
11-11-15, 19:18
There's a lot of positives in your post. The fact that you're aware of it and it aggravates you is huge! Just look at the positives and gains you've achieved!
This is just a blip. One foot in front of the other and pretty soon it will be two steps forward and one back and eventually moving forward all the time ;)

Positive thoughts

pulisa
11-11-15, 19:51
If you can lose the "scared" reaction and replace it with a "yawn, how boring" reaction it may help with the physical symptoms? I've had this many times and know how hard it can be to deal with but it's all part of the anxiety package, I'm afraid.

And you HAVE done really well, Pepperpot

Pepperpot
11-11-15, 20:21
There's a lot of positives in your post. The fact that you're aware of it and it aggravates you is huge! Just look at the positives and gains you've achieved!
This is just a blip. One foot in front of the other and pretty soon it will be two steps forward and one back and eventually moving forward all the time ;)

Positive thoughts

Yeah - I do feel pleased with myself, I am just really pissed off with it and wanted a moan haha.

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

If you can lose the "scared" reaction and replace it with a "yawn, how boring" reaction it may help with the physical symptoms? I've had this many times and know how hard it can be to deal with but it's all part of the anxiety package, I'm afraid.

And you HAVE done really well, Pepperpot

Yeah - I do that with the chest pain - it's the swallowing thing that really freaks me - I end up trying to sing to prove to myself I am not choking lol.

And thank you x

MyNameIsTerry
12-11-15, 04:43
I'm sorry to hear you are having a tougher time, Pepperpot. :hugs:

Have you been more stressed recently? If so, put it down to this and work on reducing that stress if you can.

It's very demoralising when symptoms return or your anxiety flares up in a blip. At first they feel like the end of the world because they trigger all those negative thoughts that haven't been mothballed yet or much. Blips get easier to manage though as you push on through recovery so keep doing what you are doing and I'm sure it will return back to where you were not long ago.

Karl Pilkington is supposed to be going in the jungle soon so there is a vacancy open for a good moaner :D

Leah1971
12-11-15, 06:19
Hi Pepperpot, sounds like you've been doing really well, so although it might feel like 1 step forward and 2 back, maybe it's really 2 steps forward and 1 step back? It's hard I know, I'm going through a little blip at the moment too. But, they always pass. We need to keep reminding ourselves of that. Easier said then done I know. Rotten anxiety! I hope you feel better soon. :)

Pepperpot
12-11-15, 20:46
I'm sorry to hear you are having a tougher time, Pepperpot. :hugs:

Have you been more stressed recently? If so, put it down to this and work on reducing that stress if you can.

It's very demoralising when symptoms return or your anxiety flares up in a blip. At first they feel like the end of the world because they trigger all those negative thoughts that haven't been mothballed yet or much. Blips get easier to manage though as you push on through recovery so keep doing what you are doing and I'm sure it will return back to where you were not long ago.

Karl Pilkington is supposed to be going in the jungle soon so there is a vacancy open for a good moaner :D

I don't feel more stressed - I have never really felt stressed I don't think. Just anxious. And confused lol.
Oooooo is he going on I'm a Celeb? I like him. He moans like me :)

---------- Post added at 20:46 ---------- Previous post was at 20:45 ----------

Hi Pepperpot, sounds like you've been doing really well, so although it might feel like 1 step forward and 2 back, maybe it's really 2 steps forward and 1 step back? It's hard I know, I'm going through a little blip at the moment too. But, they always pass. We need to keep reminding ourselves of that. Easier said then done I know. Rotten anxiety! I hope you feel better soon. :)
Thanks - and I hope your blip comes to an end soon. Bloody anxiety!!!!x