PDA

View Full Version : mole

cornishbumkin
11-11-15, 17:24
Hi not sure how to explain this but will try.

I think it was a mole but felt more like a lump of dry glue stuck to the back of my leg. Any 2 years ago i picked it off no bleeding nothing just leaves a light tan bump and it come back after a year itched a bit now and then and today i checked and it felt loose so pulled the edge a little bit and it come off again. and it just looked like a tiny dry scab.

Pepperpot
11-11-15, 18:08
What are you wanting to know exactly??

cornishbumkin
11-11-15, 19:28
What are you wanting to know exactly??

Just wondering if it's a mole or meant to do this, i have took a pic not very good but it can be seen. Looks more like a blister on the pic but i have had this for over 2 years and just keep coming and going.

http://s13.postimg.org/7ytjqhv6r/spot.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/7ytjqhv6r/)

Fishmanpa
11-11-15, 20:15
TBH, no one here or elsewhere on the internet can even begin to diagnose or offer a guess based on a blurry photo. If you're concerned, your best served by seeing a doctor or dermatologist. That being said, after over two years and no dramatic changes, it's not likely to be anything sinister.

Positive thoughts

cornishbumkin
11-11-15, 20:18
True my leg has not fell off yet, but just bugs me not knowing what it is.

Jamesk
12-11-15, 09:59
I am off to see the docotor in an hour and a half about a mole that has changed shape and which I knocked the top off the other day. Starting to get really really anxious and nervous now - tempted to ring and cancel my appointment but I know I mustn't.

Jamesk
13-11-15, 09:14
So update and what I learned (although it is what I should already know by now :blush:)

It wasn't a nasty at all the doctor was very relaxed and immediately indentified it as a harmless seborrheic keratosis.

So I have learned (again)

DON'T Automatically assume the worst - they are non-terminal possibilities. :yesyes:

DO See the Doc rather than brooding for weeks as if it is somehting "bad" he can crack on with getting it sorted and if it is harmless you will have wasted time and energy in pointless anxiety and catastrophising. :scared15: