PDA

View Full Version : Gallbladder/Pancreas Question- Appreciate advice!!

AnxiousLife
11-11-15, 20:32
Good afternoon,

I have a question for those of you who have had their gallbladders removed. Mine was taken out a little over a year ago and for about 4-5 months after the surgery, I had pretty severe mid-abdominal and back pain, and reflux. Had a CT, blood work, endoscopy and everything came back clear. The constant abdominal pain is a bit less, but I have noticed ever since surgery, I cannot eat nearly as much as I used to- I rarely ever finish a meal. There are also times when certain foods will make me sick, but that seems pretty typical of post-gallbladder patients. Alcohol also seems to agree with me less, as well.

Anyway, my question really is more about my fear of developing pancreatitis due to the removal and bile absorption. I have heard that this can occur, and I have a terrible history of acid reflux. One of my biggest HA fears is anything that has to do with the pancreas because it is typically very severe and even deadly. Has anyone experienced this or know any more about it? I don't want to Google is because that will just increase my anxiety even more. Just wondering if there is anything I can be doing to prevent this from happening. It has been about 8 or 9 months since the CT. Do I need to head back to the doctor again since I'm still having some symptoms?

Thanks everyone...I appreciate all of your opinions and replies! Trying to work through some of this with counseling, but as you all know...there are good and bad days!

---------- Post added at 15:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 ----------

Anyone at all? :) Sorry, this has just been one of those days for me...