PDA

View Full Version : having a bad day feeling rubish

gregcool
11-11-15, 19:01
Hey guys..last few days have felt like there building upto this day..iv been tapering off my olanzipine and has been going ok upto a few days ago..slowly everything has got worse.i know there will be withdraw symptoms from this,but today my face feels very tight and tingling all over and my mouth and tung feels very dry and my gums feel saw...i feel very flat and anxious today and dont feel anything other than depressed.my anxiety is higher than norm.and my thoughts are consuming me all day long..i feel very iritated and very unsosiable towards people...if these are withdraw how long before they might calm down,i dont want to be forced to go back to my regular dose.and i feel more tired now than ever.

fishman65
11-11-15, 19:53
Hi Greg, I'm not an expert on olanzapine but I gather its an anti-psychotic medication? I was prescribed risperidone, another anti-psychotic 2 and a half years ago by my GP but found it made me feel like a zombie. My ability to drive was affected a lot too so I haven't taken any more but keep them as a kind of nuclear option as it were.

May I say you're showing a lot of guts reducing your dose, so give yourself huge credit for that. I've tried reducing my diazepam and know how hard it is. Try to accept you will feel like being on your own until things settle down and give yourself time to adjust. Once again, respect to you.

MrAndy
11-11-15, 20:26
Greg remember it's also winter now and your spending more time on your own in your flat which will add to things in general
From my experience it takes a month to settle down between reductions that's why I've been stressing to take it slow and steady.I havent slept properly now for four days and to be honest it's getting to me alongside these headaches but I'm going to stick it out and ride the wave
You can do it just hang in there

pulisa
11-11-15, 20:49
Remember the 3 stone weight gain, the diabetes risk, the desire you have to get off olanzapine slowly and steadily, the health benefits etc

gregcool
11-11-15, 21:32
Thanks fishman good advice..andy i see what you are saying mate,winter time etc dark nights,your right about the dose,im not going to move down from this drop for a month,its bloody hard tho mate,christmas on the way and i have a few plans but when i should be looking forward to them,im not,and that hurts.i just want to have some fun for a change instead of spending the day inside my head...ill give it time mate and stick with it with you,sorry your sleep is crap mate ,its weird how the drop is efecting me and you so different,you cant sleep,i cant stop,nuts !!
Maybe when i drop next time my sleep will end up like yours,hope not cos iv been there before and know how you must be feeling.pulsa,thats what i keep thinking to myself,the health benefits of getting off this drug,its beed awfull since iv been stuck on it for two years and will get off it...thanks guys for your suport and hope your doing well,and your sleep improves andy

MrAndy
11-11-15, 21:43
Sometimes standing still and taking stock of things is moving forward

gregcool
11-11-15, 22:05
Yea i see andy,thats what im doing...also over the last week i started taking omega 3 fish oils,so im stoping that tomorow as iv read that the cheeper ones are full of shit and can cause and agrevate anxiety and depression...so taken that out of the loop so i can see and focus on this olanzipine

MyNameIsTerry
12-11-15, 04:39
Greg, when I started my Omega 3 I had what I thought was increased anxiety for about a month or so. However, I did see my mood greatly improve. What I have found is that when I am extremely tired, my anxiety doesn't flare up as much so when the Omega 3 was lifting my mood, it was allowing me to see my anxiety more. It did settle down after a month.

It might be wise to be cautious with them but if you see no change by stopping them, it's the withdrawal.

It can depend where you look too as you can find people saying most things cause anxiety & depression.

gregcool
12-11-15, 08:28
Cherrs for that info terry. Im not sure if its the withdraw or omega.. im pritty sure i took these omega,s a couple of years ago and found they didnt do anything for me then and stoped taking them...so to give myself a chance to work out whats what,its prob best not to be taking anything at all while withdrawing from my meds..iv also got multi vit that i havnt started to take yet,but will wait for the right time to take them.....i thought the omega 3 would help with my mood etc but i guess its best to do one thing at a time

Susierose
12-11-15, 09:43
Sorry to hear your having a rough time... I tried omega 3 and I didn't think it helped...but I look for symptoms and side effects just a part of my anxiety and maybe I ,didn'tgive it a chance to work. Im not on meds and coping the best I can without them but I was on them in the past. Hope your ok x

gregcool
12-11-15, 10:10
Thanks susierose...yea maybe i havnt given them a chance,but i just think for now while im comeing off my meds,its prob best not to add anything eles into the mix,maybe if and when i start to feel any better,ill try them again...another bad day today tho,still feeling the same as last few days,im not enjoying this at all...glad to hear you are coping without the aid of any meds,hope things continue to improve for you.x

pulisa
12-11-15, 10:55
I agree in that I think you should just stick to reducing the olanzapine without introducing anything else into the mix at this stage. It'll be hard for you, Greg as you'll be focussing on symptoms all the time if you haven't got anything else to distract you but you really want to come off this drug safely so I hope you can keep going with your very sensible withdrawal plan.

gregcool
12-11-15, 11:19
Thanks pulsa..thats my plan for sure.dont want other eliments confusing the situation....ill keep going on my meds reduction...cheers

Susierose
12-11-15, 11:27
(((hugs))) for you and I know its hard to snap out of a bad episode when were having one... I am having constant anxiety and the last few weeks have been so hard... today im just all over the place! Thinking of you and hope things settle for you abit soon x

gregcool
12-11-15, 11:47
Thanks susierose..sorry to hear your having a bad time to,its not easy to get through the day when you feel so crap i know,but together we can all suport each other through the bad times and ease the sufering..:hugs:

Susierose
12-11-15, 12:21
its good to have support here :hugs:and it helps a lot. Its annoying for me because I get eye strain and headaches meaning I cant spend to long on line when I need support. its a catch 22 situation x

gregcool
12-11-15, 12:39
Ohh thats a shame..sorry to hear that..just come on when you can..iv been on this site for a few years now allways founds its helpfull..some good people in hear who id love to meet someday.

Susierose
12-11-15, 14:01
:hugs::) that's good to hear that you have found here so friendly and helpful... I have only been here a while and I see that myself. x

gregcool
12-11-15, 16:36
Yep there are some great people on this site that has helped me through some very low times