PDA

View Full Version : Battling anxiety again

BurntOutAndBroken
12-11-15, 19:45
Hello

I'm battling anxiety once again and am currently on 100mg of Sertraline and 50mg of Trazodone, plus an additional 2mg of Diazepam if needed, although I am terrified to take it.

I'm a teacher, and the stress of my job has pushed me back into panicsville.

I've just been signed off for 6 weeks and I know I can get out of this awful situation, it will just take time.

Just thought I'd join here to get help advice and support.

venusbluejeans
12-11-15, 19:51
Hiya BurntOutAndBroken and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

BurntOutAndBroken
12-11-15, 19:56
Thank you

Leah1971
12-11-15, 22:26
Welcome :welcome: you'll get plenty of support here and lots of great advice.

MyNameIsTerry
12-11-15, 22:26
Welcome to NMP :welcome:

I'm sure you will get lots of help and support in here, I know I have.

There are other teachers on here too. It might be an idea for you all to have a support thread given the stress on you? Maybe certain other occupations too such as NHS staff?

BurntOutAndBroken
12-11-15, 23:11
Welcome to NMP :welcome:

I'm sure you will get lots of help and support in here, I know I have.

There are other teachers on here too. It might be an idea for you all to have a support thread given the stress on you? Maybe certain other occupations too such as NHS staff?

That's a great idea, thank you

---------- Post added at 23:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:46 ----------

Welcome :welcome: you'll get plenty of support here and lots of great advice.

I hope so, thank you

johnny1964
13-11-15, 18:01
It seems we are in the same place right now. I have recently posted my tool kit for recovery on the depression and anxiety forum. Take a look, some of it may be suitable for you. I am going to be a regular poster throughout my recovery. I am off work for 1 week now and know there are many more weeks to go, but I will get there and so will you. If you want to trade recovery information that would be good. I've decided only to concentrate on positives for recovery. I am taking Citalopram at 30mg each day because it helped me back to full health 10 years ago. Good luck with your journey. Johnny.

BurntOutAndBroken
13-11-15, 18:10
Thank you very much Johnny

I know it is a long journey and I'm taking it one day at a time.

I feel rather ridiculous at the moment tbh, feeling safe inside the house, but panic sets in at the thought of going outside, not to mention the actual panicked feelings when I do go out. I know I have to challenge myself to make me better.

I walked out to the Post Office this morning to post my sick note to the people who caused me to be in this state and I was a wreck by the time I got home. But I did it. And felt pleased I'd managed it. However, the other thought was how ridiculous I was at feeling like this just going outside!:blush:

johnny1964
13-11-15, 19:13
You were very brave to go out today. I try to go out every day because I know staying in is not the answer. Please try to be pro-active. Research mindfulness, ask your GP about CBT. If you can walk, jog or cycle to a point where you can release endorphins, I guarantee you will benefit from this on your return. If you are like me and use the internet, be careful to look only at recovery stories and positive articles, do not get in to negative things on line, you need to concentrate on positives. I am six days in to 20 minutes of mindfulness and 6 days in to a 12 mile cycle ride each day (I am a seasoned road cyclist) It is incredibly hard to stick to, but I know it will get me back to full health as it did 10 years ago. I am trying to go to my kids sports activities and have managed that so far. Find things that you can concentrate on at least a little. A film, a book, the radio. Look on line for a book called "At last a life" by Paul David. Also look at his blog for lots of good info. Watch out for the negative thoughts, try and let them go and replace them with a positive thought. You will get better and so will I.