PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant and not coping at all

mila
12-11-15, 20:52
Basically i am 16 weeks pregnant and every day has been a struggle. There is hardly anything I cab truly enjoy and I feel detached from my life as it was before I got pregnant. I have been doing so well before! I worry about health, and that is something that can never change, I would go to the doctor to check things out more often than someone else, get the creeps if I hear about something health related that happened to someone but after years of really bad symptoms and panic and anxiety I was finally in a place I was dreaming I would be again one day, despite those things. Since I got pregnant it's like I am right back to where I was years ago except that I would rather be there because I feel right now I am worrying about things that have a higher potential of happening since I actually AM pregnant and with the added thing to looking forward to labour and everything that can bring especially since my last experience which was horrible.
Every moment of the day I am scared of something. I worry about the possible complications of pregnancy such as thrombosis and pre-eclampsia most of all, then there is a host of other things obviously. If I get any kind of pain in my leg and I do get them I straight away freak out it's the first, if I feel slightly breathless when my bump is pressing up I panic it's that again, just travelled to my lungs. I get dizzy spells, feeling lightheaded and faint and that absolutely terrifies me everytime, I went to the doctor about it and every time they take my BP it is ok, my blood results seem fine or they say at least but I still get this and I worry about it all the time, it makes me scared to go anywhere, I am scared of it going to bed, it is the first thing I think about when I wake up... I am really not enjoying one bit of this pregnancy and I have such a long way to go with the hardest yet to come...I just don't know what to do or how to get at least some life back. I work from home but can't even do that because I just can't even think about it..