PDA

View Full Version : GAD Relapse and Starting Imipramine

R1CH
12-11-15, 20:58
Hi All

Well I didn't think I would be back here so soon, but here I am again. It's been about 2 years of doing pretty well, I even came off my meds which was a big mistake! (Pregablin and Citilopram)

Anyway cut a long story short I have been prescribed imipramine and pregablin and I am feeling worse. I feel I am heading back to the dark days I had when first diagnosed with GAD and was hospitalised, those days were torture for me. I am convinced that citilopram side effects made me end up in hospital last time but the doctor said it was my illness getting worse.

This time around I have been prescribed 30mg of imipramine and Pregablin but the imipramine seems to be giving me terrible side effects. I am at the point where I think I may have to take time off work again and I'm not sure they will support me this time around.

Do people think this is just the side effects of starting the imipramine? I'm only on 30mg (gone up from 10) and I have been on this for 2 weeks now. I am really hoping things will settle down as I don't think I will be able to cope with what happened 2 years ago again. I am due to see the pdoc wednesday next week but I'm scared that he will increase my dose, after all 30mg wont be doing anything for my GAD or my depression that's being caused by my GAD.

I have reacted badly to SSRIs and SNRIs and that's why the pdoc suggested we start on a really low dose of imipramine and gradually ramp up, but seeing as I feel so bad on this small dose I am not sure what will happen when he increases. I have had the same issues on all the SSRIs and SNRIs I have tried.

I guess I'm looking for reassurance that these are just the initial sides and they will stop soon or at least get better.

Thanks for reading and I hope everyone having a hard time recovers soon. I know you can recover, I have done it previously so if I can do it you can too :)

Rich