PDA

View Full Version : how long for blood results

dizzy daisy
13-11-15, 10:50
Hi all
I've been highly anxious for over 3 weeks now. I have health anxiety. As some of you know who have read previous posts I've Been to GP who suggested bloods to rule out anything that could be causing anxiety. This increased my anxiety and as a result I've lost some weight- which has increased anxiety.
Anyway I had bloods done 3 days ago and I'm almost frozen with fear waiting for results. Do you think I'd have heard something now if anything sinister had been found? Xxx

gezospan
13-11-15, 13:46
I'm in exactly the same state as you right this moment. I gave blood on thuesday. It should be back today. It was not. I freaked out. They told me they are going the call the lab and I can call back at four. I'm in total panic mode atm. The only thing that keeps me going is the fact that if it was real bad they would have called sooner. I guess???!!!

dizzy daisy
13-11-15, 15:49
Yes that's what I'm thinking. It's the only thought keeping me sane!! Xxx

---------- Post added at 15:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:15 ----------

What time is it there now? Have you called for your results? I'm still too scared to call my doctor xxx

ScarletSpeedster
13-11-15, 22:37
Hi guys!

I really would not worry too much if it has been three/four days. I found out my results after five days, I needed to have them done again, as they found I had anaemia - so they were not concerned that much even then when they found that.

They honestly would call you right away if they found anything remotely serious which they wanted to look at. The blood is sent off the same day, and examined the same day or the very next day, so if anything was found that worried them, they would have called you by now.

Just try to stay calm. I know how hard that is, as I too suffer with Health Anxiety terribly. But the best thing you can do is just try to think about anything else other than the results (which I am sure are fine).

Let me know how it all goes, and good luck. :hugs:

Randara
14-11-15, 00:07
Hi dizzy daisy, my friend had a blood test this Tuesday and isn't getting her results back until next Friday. I'm guessing it just varies depending on your GP practice and where the nearest testing place is. i hope they come back ok, just remember that you're ok now and you haven't been told otherwise so try not to worry x

Elen
14-11-15, 07:26
Hi due to the meds I am on I have to have fortnightly blood tests. Results usually take up to a week to come back.

dizzy daisy
14-11-15, 11:46
Ok my surgery is open until lunch time today. I've had no calls and no letters re my blood results/ bloods taken Tuesday am. I'm trying to take this as a sign that if something drastically wrong had been found by the lab I'd have been contacted by now? Xxx