PDA

View Full Version : I'm Worried and Scared.

TheMadOladCoger
13-11-15, 10:57
Hello,

So I have been having a slight problem, over the last month I have had a virus. It's not that bad just a cold I think but I read something earlier and it has scared me a lot. I have a new fear that is Leukemia, I am tired I keep getting cold's I have itchy legs and some small red spots on my legs only 3 but I am worried. I have also had 3 yellow bruises on my leg which are not going away. I spoke to my GP yesterday for something different and I told him about my worries and he sent me for a blood test. The think is now I have to wait for the results which will take 3 working days meaning Tuesday next week is when I will get them. I can't stop worrying I was trying to take a break from NMP well posting anyway but I can't I am just so scared.

Peace

dizzy daisy
13-11-15, 11:06
Hi I'm also waiting for bloods. I've been 3 days now and am worrying myself stupid about them. I had a virus too a few weeks back which made me tired and triggered major anxiety. I'm sure you'll be fine I'm sure you've just been run down from the virus xxxx

TheMadOladCoger
13-11-15, 11:13
Thanks for the reply, I think you are more than likely right about it just being down to the virus. However my HA won't let that slide I just don't think its normal to have a virus for so long and to have all these other issues that fit in to my new fear.

Peace

dizzy daisy
13-11-15, 11:17
Yes I'm exactly the same it's been terrible. I just saw something that said bloods, especially things like full blood count are processed same day in the labs now and so I'm sure if there was anything highly unusual they'd have called your doctor to tell them to speak with you. See how sensible and rational I am for you!! Pity I'm not so rational about me ha ha. Xxx

TheMadOladCoger
13-11-15, 11:25
It's hard isn't it, Ha really gets you by making you focus on one of the most important things our health. I hope you are right I don't like the waiting last time I had a blood test was about 6 months ago now and I panicked from the moment the blood was taken until the moment I got the results. I think most of us are sensible and rational when it comes to others but as soon as its about ourself we can't control anything and its always the worst possible thing.

Peace

dizzy daisy
13-11-15, 11:29
Yes that's exactly right. Hey on the bright side you had bloods 6 months ago which didn't show anything. It would be highly unlikely in that time to develop such a serious illness. Hopefully these bloods will put your mind at ease.
I've been worrying the moment my GP suggested bloods which was 2 weeks ago today!! It took me over a week to psych myself up to go. That was silly as its extended my anxiety and also heightend it xxx

TheMadOladCoger
13-11-15, 11:37
That is a bonus 6 months ago I was told they were perfect with nothing when I saw my GP in September about my itching he checked my previous blood results so I guess they were relevant then. I am sure that these will but for how long I don't know something else will more than likely pop up.

I was like that when I had to have my first blood test, I didn't go and get it done at first as I was not mentally ready. However like you I just ended up worrying about them for so long they came back fine and the ones after did and hopefully the new ones will also.

My GP didn't suggest them he kind of said "We can do some blood test if you would like" I guess this means that he didn't really see much of a point in doing them but offered them just incase. What did you have your blood test for?

Peace

dizzy daisy
13-11-15, 12:13
I went to GP because I hadn't felt well - the walk in only days earlier had told me it was likely a virus. Just tired and felt like my throat was dry and eyes and nose dry etc. I thought I'd go to GP as well just for further reassurance as the anxiety had kicked in with the what ifs!! Anyway GP hadn't seen before said well maybe we could do bloods as you haven't had them for years just to check for underlying conditions. Well I freaked and said I didn't want to as its making me more nervous. She then looked at me like I had two heads and said yes just get them done, what's the problem if you have low iron I'll give you a tablet if you have a bad thyroid I'll give you a tablet it's no big deal!! I was almost in tears collecting the blood form.
I had full blood count, iron, b12, renal, thyroid, glucose, cholesterol and a c reactive protein.
Xxxx

TheMadOladCoger
13-11-15, 12:28
Thats a lot of different tests, I had FBC, Thyroid and another I can't remember, I did just ring my GP to see if they are back yet. I was told the results are there but haven't been filed as of yet, so I am still a little worried and predict I have a long weekend ahead of me.

Your GP has a point about most of them things being fixed by a pill, I hope nothing is wrong anyway its better not to be having o take a tablet everyday.

Peace

dizzy daisy
13-11-15, 12:31
That's good though that the results are back now. I guess that makes me feel better that if something was seriously wrong they wouldn't just leave it for days xx

TheMadOladCoger
13-11-15, 12:34
Yeah more than likely if there was something wrong they would be marked for urgent viewing, I guess I will just need to relax and wait till Monday. I don't think they would just leave it for days if it was serious as if its serious you normal have to have more tests immediately.

Peace

dizzy daisy
13-11-15, 12:34
I'm too scared to call my GP ha ha. The nurse who took them said don't be worried they're all just standard bloods. She was lovely and she said she thought they'd likely be with by GP yesterday. I hope so. I dare not allow myself to relax in case I jinx myself.
I think for you if anything was really urgent it would have been flagged not just filed and they would have asked you to come in xxxx

TheMadOladCoger
13-11-15, 12:39
I hope you are correct with that one, I really don't like waiting I just spiral out of control and drive myself mad. If I was you I would have rang to get them as I really don't like to wait I won't to know everything as soon as I can.

peace

dizzy daisy
13-11-15, 12:54
You are so right but I'm so frightened. It's like being caught between the headlights.
Could you not explain your anxiety to reception and see if someone could speak with you today. Just so you can chill over the weekend?
Xxx

TheMadOladCoger
13-11-15, 12:59
I know what you mean, I get like that some times I won't to know but I also don't.

I was thinking of doing that as I don't want to spend my weekend worrying.

Peace

dizzy daisy
13-11-15, 14:23
Well you've been grave enough to call once so I think you deserve a worry free weekend.
Xxxx

TheMadOladCoger
13-11-15, 14:29
I have called, They said that I will have to wait as my Dr has a lot of other Blood tests to go through, I was also told that there was a chance I could get a phone call later on if he manages to get trough them all but if not I need to wait until at least Monday.

Peace

dizzy daisy
13-11-15, 14:33
Arrgh. What a pain. Try and take some comfort in the fact that yours is not top of the pile. If he has others to look at first then they are more urgent. Xxxx

---------- Post added at 14:33 ---------- Previous post was at 14:32 ----------

I'm trying to just take comfort in the fact I haven't been contacted after 3 days and so it mustn't be that urgent. If I call the surgery and they say they're not even back yet it will take that tiny bit of comfort away from me xxxx

TheMadOladCoger
13-11-15, 14:55
Great news my Doctor just gave me a call and told me that they were all normal, so that rules out Leukemia meaning I can enjoy my week end! As to your issue about them not being there if you contact them I would say that they would be there more than likely. However my GP always says with in a week but they are normally there within 3 days and as you can see I had mine done yesterday at 10:30ish and I have them back already!

Peace

dizzy daisy
13-11-15, 15:08
That's great news!! Please try and relax now and enjoy your weekend. You deserve it.
I think mine must be back by now so I'm starting to allow myself to calm down!! I had mine done around 10am on Tuesday and the nurse suggested it would be a fast turn around at the lab. Xxxx

TheMadOladCoger
13-11-15, 15:12
I will don't worry I have some plans and I won't need to worry about anything, well if the nurse said it would be a quick turn around they will be there I think. I got some good news and I hope that you do as well!

Anxiety controls us we kind of need to let it go as you said we need to enjoy ourself a bit more, I'm 22 I shouldn't be worried about every lump/bump/rash.

peace

dizzy daisy
13-11-15, 15:14
Yes that's true. Don't be worrying anymore just enjoy yourself xxxx