PDA

View Full Version : No one to talk to

Stardust236
13-11-15, 11:59
Hi,

I have had a horrible year with awful things happening. The worst has been watching my Dad battle cancer and losing a friend with two young children to cancer. I thought I had coped ok, there have been many other things too but I thought I was doing ok.

In the last week or two I have started to feel worse. I have this nervous anxious feeling in my stomach all the time and I feel very sad. I feel like I'm constantly waiting for what is going to go wrong next. My IBS has flared up which upsets me as I've managed it well for a few years now.

I don't want to go to my GP, I suffered from depression five years ago and found the whole GP and counselling experience horrendous. I suppose I just want someone to tell me that it's ok to feel like this and that it will pass.

I have a great husband but he works away a lot and I have three teenagers who fight and argue with me all the time which doesn't help.

Any words of advice would be gratefully accepted :)

venusbluejeans
13-11-15, 12:05
Hiya Stardust236 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

BurntOutAndBroken
14-11-15, 08:17
It will get better. It just takes time. I would definitely go to your GP. It might be a different doctor? More sympathetic to your situation. Could that be a possibility?

Lucinda07
14-11-15, 08:23
You have had 2 bereavements on top of all your other problems. It will have an impact.
Is it possible to contact NHS Talking Therapies directly in your area. Their free courses or counselling may help.
Yes it will take time - but things will gradually improve.

Steph_
15-11-15, 20:01
I feel like a fine one to give advice because I feel just as low as you sound, but I know your anxiety and sadness will pass. Just like I know my own will. It's not much of a help when you're in the middle of it. I just keep trying to keep myself busy. Sounds geeky but I started a jigsaw today. :blush: Just trying everything to take my mind off my anxiety for a while. I know exactly how you feel and I hope you come through it soon. I also can relate to you not wanting to speak to your doctor. I have never sought help for my anxiety because I just don't find it easy to talk about. I can't even tell my closest friends and family how I feel, never mind a doctor. We're all here to wait it out with you. :)