PDA

View Full Version : New to this! Need support

Tom888
13-11-15, 18:34
Hi all, I've been suffering with anxiety around 4 years now since a traumatic experience I had whilst taking drugs. From then onwards I started having anxiety and panic attacks trying to figure out what happened to me that night. I managed to overcome the panic attacks and lead a pretty 'normal life'. Anyway I've been in Australia the last year travelling with friends and my anxiety started about a month before I came back home to the uk. I've been at home 2 months now and I have really spiralled since being back, coming back to family problems and just generally felt odd since I've been home. Was put in cit10mg for 1 month and it's been increased to 20mg around 4 days ago. Throughout the day I'm going through big ups and downs but mainly feeling worse! Anyone know how long it will take to feel the benefits from the increased dose? I feel like I have no one to talk to so hoping this forum will help. My mum stuggles with mental health issues herself so don't want to worry her and my dad (who I love with) is a very positive person who doesn't understand it (again don't want to worry him) feel hopeless most of the time at 21 years old! Im usually very social, have lots of friends and enjoy going out at weekends but I just don't feel like doing anything anymore and I can't let them know I'm feeling like this because I for some reason see it as a weakness? Sorry about the length of the post just need to get things off my chest! Thanks.

venusbluejeans
13-11-15, 18:40
Hiya Tom888 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Pepperpot
13-11-15, 18:44
Hi and welcome :)
You still on the drugs?

Tom888
13-11-15, 19:43
No not on drugs anymore. It was never a big problem I just took to many one night and led to me being In hospital. I was adomant I was dying and that's where I think all the anxiety emerged from even though its not necessarily related to the event it's very general. Just in a constant negative frame of mind and feel like I can't get out of it it's horrible! Scared I'm going to not be able to work and get terrible images of me not getting through it and being like it forever :weep: