PDA

View Full Version : ROCD - feel so guilty, is it worth telling my boyfriend?

sadtimes
13-11-15, 18:48
So some people on this forum will already know my previous questions about this, but long story short. I've recently started university and every other Friday I've done MDMA with one of my flatmates. One of the effects it has on me is it makes me very cuddly, The first time I did it we lay on a bed and i rested my head on his shoulder and sort of hugged him, I felt so guilty and told my boyfriend and told him he could trust me, he said it didn't even sound like anything and it's fine.
However a couple weeks after we did MD again and everything went fine until we got outside the club where it was freezing so being a mix of drunk, freezing and on drugs I linked arms with my flatmate while we walked to get warm.
Later that night me, him and another male flatmate watched a film together, I put my head on his shoulder for 5 seconds and then I realised what I was doing and stopped.

I don't neccesarily feel guilty about the things I did it was more that I didn't tell my boyfriend about it, I pride myself in being honest. I have a very guilty personality where I can't do the most minor things without feeling terrible. I also feel awful that I told him he could trust me yet I did it again.

I thought I liked this guy a while ago and it freaked me out but how I realise it was my OCD that made me think that

So my questions are
1. Is this worth telling my boyfriend?
2. Is linking arms with someone even bad?
3. Would you be annoyed if your s/o didn't tell you about it?

Lucinda07
13-11-15, 19:01
I would say no to all 3 questions.
Linking arms is something one does with a relative or a dear friend. If you had tripped (having had a few drinks) your flatmate would have prevented you from falling!
Putting your head on your flatmates shoulder just meant you were tired or feeling cosy.
Doesn't mean anything. No need to mention it to your BF.
I certainly wouldnt :)

MyNameIsTerry
14-11-15, 04:46
I agree with Lucinda.

I think this comes down to how secure a person your BF is. If he has insecurities, he would struggle with a close mixed sex friendship like that but he has said he is fine with it all and thats all you need to know. The rest is your anxiety questioning & analysing what has already been answered in your BF's mind.

Needing to confess is a compulsion so carrying it out only reinforces your anxiety. It's hard not to give in but is necessary to recover from it.

Even if you did confess, would you feel some short relief and then start worrying over whether you told your BF absolutely every single detail and if you thought you hadn't, what would that say about you? A lot of people with these cycles do.