PDA

View Full Version : Nauseous all the time, no appetite, weird headaches

megs18
13-11-15, 20:34
I am a 20 year old female and for the past week or so I have been experiencing some truly horrible symptoms.

First, I feel nauseous almost all the time. I never really feel hungry, but always eat anyway because I know if I don't it will make it worse. Right after I eat I always feel especially nauseous, but have only vomited once because of it. Usually if I lay down I feel a bit better. But I really just have no appetite. I don'y ever feel hungry, my body just tells me it's hungry because my stomach starts gurgling. Does that make sense?

Also, I have been getting strange headaches. They aren't regular headaches like I'm used to. It's more like pains on my skull that come and go. The pains are usually at the top/side of my head. I've never experienced anything like it and I'm scared it's a brain tumor since I have these headaches plus constant nausea.

I had severe brain tumor fears this summer and got an MRI that came out "normal." I'm sure all of this started when I got a head pain last week or something and then got anxious about a brain tumor which then made the head pains worse and then the anxiety also made me nauseous, which made me even more anxious and now it's basically constant nausea.

I know it's irrational and that there's a 99% chance (probably even more) it's not a brain tumor, but you know how HA makes you think.

I just want to cry every time I talk about it. I'm tired of feeling this way. This HA stuff started in April and I've been absolutely miserable a majority of the time for 8 months. I see people on here who have had HA for decades and I'm so scared that that will be me. I want to have children some day, but I'm afraid I won't be able to handle the exhaustion and responsibility of caring for another life.

Sorry this was way longer than I planned for it to be. Thanks for reading.

megs18
16-11-15, 07:29
Anyone?:weep:

GingerFish
16-11-15, 11:13
Have you been stressed lately? Minus the health anxiety you have at the mo over your headache and nausea? Every day stress plus the ongoing HA you have had since April could definitely be the cause. Its amazing what symptoms anxiety can bring on. Because it sounds like classic over sensitized stress symptoms. I've been feeling the exact same for a week or so now but my stepdad took another mini stroke and I've had money and uni worries and all that jazz so its just been stress with me. I definitely know what you mean about not feeling hungry but just eating anyway to make sure you don't feel worse and then feeling like crap after eating. That's been the story of my life for a while!

Hope you feel better soon. If you don't pick up in a few days, a check up with your GP would be handy.