PDA

View Full Version : Doctor said I have a 'lumpier' breast

ScarletSpeedster
13-11-15, 21:49
Hi guys! I hope everyone is doing well.

I just wanted to ask if having one breast being 'lumpier' than the other is normal? I went to the Doctors again for my breast concern of one being a bit bigger and harder than the other, and she examined my breasts once more. She said she felt no lumps, and went through a checklist:
- Any lumps? No
- Any skin changes such as ulcers or scaliness? No
- Family history of breast cancer? No
- Discharge? No
- On the contraceptive pill? No

So she seemed to be okay with saying that everything seemed fine, except I have one breast that is 'lumpier'. I am no where near as concerned about this as before, but I would just like to know if any others have the same thing of one breast being a little (like, A LITTLE) bigger, and firmer/lumpier?

I asked if having a lumpier breast was anything to worry about, and she said no, not really, and being asymmetrical is common in women.

But any replies would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Lifelonganxiety!
13-11-15, 23:05
My wife has very lumpy breasts. I was freaked out the first time she showed me, but the doctor said this was normal and told her what the warning signs to look out for are.

So yes, breasts can be lumpy and certainly assymetric.

Your doctor took a look and said you were fine. Be sure to remain vigilant but all looks good right now it seems!

misslove
14-11-15, 02:05
I have lumpy boobies too. They would get very sore and swollen. I used to make a smoothie after my daily workout and I would use choc soy milk. Once I stopped drinking soy they went back to normal and haven't had lumps of pain since. My point is keep a record of your food. Salt is a big contributing factor too.

nivekc251
14-11-15, 02:36
My sister started to freak out because she feltfeltalot of lumps on her left breast. She went to her doctor and the doc told her she had lumpy breasts, so yeah I guess it is fairly common.

dizzy daisy
14-11-15, 09:47
It is fairly common. Mine are not as bad these days but were quite lumpy in my 20's. I used to always worry but it was fine xxxx

Steph_
14-11-15, 17:44
One of mine is lumpier and gets harder than the other before my period. It's a cause for concern every single month for me and becomes the main topic of my health anxiety for a few days until my period passes. The lumpiness is always there but the hardness goes after my period. I think its a mixture of hormones affecting it physically and of course the ones affecting your mind.

LE
15-11-15, 00:16
I have one breast lumpier than the other. It's the left one and it's also slightly bigger than the right. I've been checked various times and told I have fibrocystic breasts and more so in the left one!