PDA

View Full Version : Does GAD cause visual snow ?

JonnyUK
13-11-15, 23:57
18 years ago when I was 19 I had a strange attack, which I thought was either a brain tumour or stroke, but have gradually come to accept it was probably an inner ear vestibular attack. I was terrified when it happened, had instant migraine, darkened vision, nausea, and couldn't walk for 10 minutes. My eyesight straight away became like TV static, which about 10 years later I came to know as visual snow. Every day I ate myself up on wanting to know what caused the "attack", even when I had a clean MRI I still talked myself in to it missing MS or something. So every day, week, and year I stressed over it. It took me close to 15 years to admit to myself I probably don't have MS and it is likely GAD.

This week I have yet more symptoms. But it got me to thinking, could the visual snow have been caused by the shock and worry over the attack that happened to me ? I really thought I was going to die, as it was the strangest sensation ever, I am positive that wasn't anxiety, but I think that caused the anxiety. I have never tried any anxiety tablets to see if they help.

Any idea ? Anyone have TV static that went away with meds ?

fluff
14-11-15, 19:09
Sorry to hear about your horrible attack I def can relate to this I had a very similar experiance and had visual snow I still have it to some degree its not as bad as it was but still there along with flashing sparks on and off aswell, mine got better without meds I think our brains end up ignoring it