PDA

View Full Version : Those who have there ears pierced (and those who don't )

MissSunshine
14-11-15, 13:26
I have had a headache for a day now which I thought was anxiety, I randomly felt my earlobe and noticed a little ball inside it that felt like it popped and when I looked in the mirror I saw puss... I managed to get the puss out but now I'm freaking out that's it's a major infection! :(
Does this need urgent care? I've had my ears pierce for over 20 years and never had a problem with them!
Help much appreciated!

dizzy daisy
14-11-15, 14:52
If you have s serious infection it would normally cause a lot of pain, redness, temperature or the infected area would feel hot and may cause you to feel sick. Just keep it clean and it should be ok. If it's making you unwell as if someone could look at it. The practice nurse could probably check it out for you xxx

MissSunshine
14-11-15, 15:23
Thank you for your reply. Is it possible for a earlobe to be seriously infected?
It's not hot to touch I don't have a temp but all day I've felt sick muscles ache and I feel generally Ill but then again I am going through a lot of stress and anxiety at the moment.
As it is the weekend I cannot see anyone untill Monday as my doctors is closed till then :(

dizzy daisy
14-11-15, 15:33
I think any area can be infected but I think it would probably be really red and hot if it were bad. I'm really stressed too right now which had made me feel sick and achy for the past 3 weeks. So much so I've lost a bit of weight too which does nothing to ease the HA!! Honestly I think you'll be fine over the weekend just keep it clean and if it still worried you on Monday see if someone can have a little look for you. Xxxx

MissSunshine
14-11-15, 15:39
It was red when I popped it but now it's the same colour as my other ear lobe and it's not hot. I took a paracetomol for the headache which I think is stress related!
Oh Hun :hugs:
I have lost weight too due to stress and anxiety in the past month. I've lost 6lb and of course it's set my worrying off about weight loss again! You're not alone.
I have no appetite because I feel so sick all the time
Thank you I will wait untill Monday then with my HA I always think everything I get needs urgent care xx

dizzy daisy
14-11-15, 15:56
I'm just the same and my GP them said get some bloods done to rule out underlying causes!! It sent me into a spin and I told her I felt sick with worry and she just said don't be silly it's no big deal if you have low iron I'll give you a tablet if you have s thyroid problem I'll give you a tablet. Took me a week to build up the courage to have bloods done and I was so stressed I couldn't eat!! Then I noticed some weight loss which made me feel worse and convinced it was something awful. It was Tuesday the took the bloods- now I'm worried waiting- do you think I'd have heard by now if something awful had been discovered? XXXX
If your ears the same colour now I wouldn't worry about infection. Mine got infected once and it was really sore and was red and scabby xxxx

MissSunshine
14-11-15, 16:04
You sound just like me! The doctor sent me for tests too to rule anything out. I heard the next day which was in expected. Everything was normal except my iron I have low ferritin so I'm on iron supplements this has freaked me out tho I keep thinking something major is up if I have low iron but doctor isn't worried.
Don't worry they would have been back In touch by now as I said they phoned me the next day!

Thank you will try stop worrying i had my ears pierced when I was baby so over 20 years ago so I don't know why it would be infected!

xx

dizzy daisy
14-11-15, 16:20
I've had mine pierced since I was 4 too. Mine got infected really bad when I was 5- think I kept messing with the studs and believe me it was so hot and sore!! More recently I had not had earring in for s while and I noticed one love at the back seemed to have a little lump. I pressed it and gunk came out but it wasn't really sore. I guess it just got bunged up in the hole and after I cleaned it I kept an eye on it for a few days and never had any trouble with it after.
Thanks for the reassurance re the bloods. My Hubbie and friends have all said they'd have called after 3 days if they were worried about something. My rational brain tells me this is true but my anxious mind continues with the incessant worry!!
I've lost about 5lb over the last 3-4 weeks but to be fair I've not eaten properly due to the worrying making me feel sick. I've started to eat larger meals over the last few days so hopefully I won't lose too much weight now. Honestly before this anxiety kicked in I was moaning because I was overweight - some people are never happy!! Xxxx