PDA

View Full Version : Ear ringing intensified with cold/flu?

TomsThoughts
14-11-15, 16:58
I was aware that I had a slight ringing in my ears, but since having a cold my ears seem to be ringing more intensely? Has anyone experienced this before?

Should I be takin a nasal spray? (I was prescribed one)

Pepperpot
14-11-15, 17:09
Hi,
It will do no harm trying the nasal spray x

Randara
14-11-15, 21:35
Hi, not saying you have this but I have Eustachian tube dysfunction Which I am told goes hand in hand with colds, it can cause ear ringing. My doctor told me to try nasal decongestant sprays as it travels along the sinus into your ears. Also, if you were prescribed it then you should probably take it.

TomsThoughts
15-11-15, 14:05
Thanks for the info. I used nasal spray last night (beconase) and the ringing in my right ear seems to have stopped? But my left ear still feels kinda stuffy and fuzzy. How is your ETD?

Randara
16-11-15, 11:15
That's the stuff I was using. Glad it worked for you!

My ETD is ongoing but I haven't had dizziness/nausea for a few weeks so that's good. Seeing a doctor today as it's been going on for about 3 months now and my gland has been swollen for 6 weeks.

Hope you feel better soon

TomsThoughts
16-11-15, 14:18
I spoken too early about the ringing in my ear it's still there very slightly, it's really uncomfortable, going to keep on using my spray, chewing gum and using steam too.

Hope your appointment goes well, good luck :)

Randara
17-11-15, 22:36
Hope you're feeling better? I find my that ears feel better when I have a shower/bath, and also putting a warm flannel against my ear that was hurting. Might be something for you to try?

I've been given antibiotics now, seeing as it's been 3 months and I've tried everything! Fingers crossed it works haha!

TomsThoughts
18-11-15, 05:29
Yeah i also noticed that so tonight before I sleep I'm going to get a steaming hot bowl and put it under my head with a towel over my head hopefully that will have an impact?

Good luck with your antibiotics ran :D