PDA

View Full Version : Hi i'm Denny

Denny
18-09-04, 13:45
First i'd like to say what a wonderful site of information,i wish i'd of had a site like this 3 years ago to look at,it would of helped me no end.

I'd like to thank Claire for givin the link to this site,she's a damn good mate of mine.

Nobody besides yourselfs can understand what we go through day in day out,depression is like a mind cancer,eating away at your very soul.
My troubles started 3 years ago to this day i don't know what started it all,i went to work one night shift and had the most horendous panic attack (PA),i thought i was having a heart attack and was going to die,the feeling inside was sheer terror,a feeling so hard to describe,from that day i had up to 10-15 PA per day,the doctor who come to visit me said i had Agoraphobia,very common and can hit at anytime.
The constant sickness which followed though my nerves drove me to the brink,i did contemplate suicide,i still do at times when the depressions bite deep,i know my triggers and i know now how to control them,as i said the occassional depressions come back,it's hard work innit workin through them!

KW
18-09-04, 13:56
Hi Denny

Welcome to the site. I've only been on this site for a week now but already I can honestly say i feel better as it's so nice to talk to people who understand what we are going through. It's good that you've learnt how to control your triggers, well done. We're all here to help Denny so hope all of our advice helps you :)

KW

seh1980
18-09-04, 14:10
hi there Denny,

Welcome to the site!!! You have come to the right place as everyone here knows exactly what you are going through. I suffer from panic attacks and did suffer from agoraphobia although I'm much better now, thank goodness. I hope you find all the advice and support that you need here!!

Sarah :D

pootle
18-09-04, 16:05
Hi Denny,

Welcome aboard:) I hope you find this site as useful as i have, i found it a couple of weeks ago and its been an enormous help.

I know it can feel like hard work getting through these things but you're not alone. Feel free to check out the chat room if you're ever at a loose end in the evenings (most people use it from around 9pm onwards), it would be great to talk to you.

Take care, Andy (pootle)

Rennie1989
18-09-04, 16:48
Denny

welcome to the site, nice to have you here

i hope your PA and agrophobia will oneday go!

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

c141re
18-09-04, 18:57
Hello Denny

Welcome aboard!

xxx

sal
18-09-04, 19:16
Hi Denny

Welcome to the site and like you say we all do understand here and there is so much information and support that you can gain from.

It is hard as depression and anxiety seem to come and take control, but you sound like you have got some of that control back and know how to deal with it.

I am similar to you and couldnt believe the terror i felt through my first panic attack, it still totally amazes me how a mental process can make you feel so ill.

Hope to hear some more from you.

Love Sal xxxxx

nomorepanic
18-09-04, 21:59
Hi Denny

Welcome aboard - I do hope that you are getting some help from here already and some great advice,

Nicola

jill
18-09-04, 22:30
Hi Danny

welcome to the site

Jill:D:D:D

Karen
18-09-04, 22:46
Hi Denny

Welcome to the site. I hope you find it helpful here.

Briary

sal
18-09-04, 23:41
Hi Denny

See you have had lots of replies. How are things going for you?

Love Sal xxxxx

Denny
20-09-04, 00:01
Thx for all your welcomes,sorry about getting back late to you all.
I'm doing ok Sal,i have the odd depression day,thankfully those are far and few between now,the one thing i do find is when i have a spat with a close friend the depressions and my mood are increased in ten fold,worse than when i was ill.
On the whole though i'm getting there,one day at a time :o)

Meg
20-09-04, 12:58
Hi Denny,

Welcome on board .

I totally agree with you ...the feeling inside was sheer terror,a feeling so hard to describe,from that day i had up to 10-15 PA per day,the doctor who come to visit me said i had Agoraphobia,very common and can hit at anytime.

About 60 % of panic disorder suffereres develop Agoraphobia - it can hitat any time but is related to events in your life at the time or what you're thinking about .

Well done for getting over it so well yourself.

Do look at these for additional tips :
Thoughts : Lets try to keep our thoughts in perspective (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=283)
First Steps : First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.