PDA

View Full Version : Cold/Flu ear ringing and stuffiness. Anxiety?

TomsThoughts
15-11-15, 15:08
I've had colds and flus like everyone else throughout my life but this is the first one I have had while dealing with anxiety.

My cold isn't too bad not but my ears feel pretty clogged up and I hear a sharp ringing which lasts around 1-2 seconds.

Has anyone else had this? Is it just anxiety making me feel and hear the smallest things? I'm pretty sure I would hear this if I wasn't anxious though.

Finding it kinda hard switching my attention from it, just need some answers and closure I guess.

Cheers

jayb1
15-11-15, 15:24
Yes I get ringing in my ears with the anxiety doesn't last long but really irritating. Probably twice as bad if you're all stuffed up . have you tried a decongestant?

TomsThoughts
15-11-15, 15:31
I had a certain tone for a few days and so last night I had a decongestant and again this morning the tone has gone it seems but before I heard a short burst of high pitched raining. Maybe it was just the decongestant working? My other ear feels very stuffy too but no noise

jayb1
15-11-15, 16:02
It's always in my right ear for some reason. I'm sure it will go when the cold has gone

TomsThoughts
15-11-15, 16:09
are there any ways to unblock your inner ears? Like remove pressure/mucus? I'd google it but Google always makes me feel worse!

jayb1
15-11-15, 16:13
No Google. Bad Google ! You could try what you do when your on a plane holding your nostrils closed as if you were going to blow your nose but that's only temporary relief when your bunged up. Please don't poke anything in your ears