PDA

View Full Version : Anyone can help me please , thanks so much

gingging
15-11-15, 16:47
Hello

Thanks so much for having me in this group I really need some support and hope someone will be kind enough to help me if they can.

A while back I started getting some strange health problems and my Dr and consultants could not find out was was wrong. I made the mistake of googling my symptoms desperately trying to find out what was wrong with me.

During my search the problem matched an illness where the sufferers said that electricity was the culprit. All my symptoms were listed and I got really scared that that was my diagnoses. I soon became very afraid of the electricity in my home and even switched it off at the mains for a time.

This fear has only got worse ever since and I live in terror of the electricity all day everyday.

My gp has diagnosed this as some sort of OCD disorder and is referring me for some CBT therapy.

What really is worrying more than anything is the fact that this fear may not be OCD but may be some sort of psychotic disorder instead.

I am pretty sure that I have some insight into the fear being irrational and that the electricity is probably not going to hurt me at all yet this fear is very powerful and convincing. I think I'm in touch with reality (not really sure what that means though).

I know no one can medically advise here but any opinions would give me so much hope. I really want this to be an Obsession rather than psychosis. I'm just as terrified of it being that as much as the electricity.

I'm really grateful to anyone who replies.
Thanks so much

becks888
15-11-15, 16:55
It sounds very much like an obsession to me. I can only go from my own experience though.
I once read that people could be affected by bright lights and an excess of electricity. Thereafter each time I went to a shopping mall I felt ill and feared passing out to the extent that I had panic attacks and started to avoid the shops.

This was actually just a thought planted in my mind which grew as I fed it. My mind produced all the symptoms and made me physically ill.

Once it was explained to me and I did some more research and understood it I got over it.

I still get a little niggly when I go to the shops now but I know what it is so am able to control it.

Knowledge is what gives us control.

Do some more research and get some professional help.

The mind is a powerful tool, but armed with the right knowledge you can control it.

Good luck with your recovery.

gingging
15-11-15, 17:20
Thanks so much Beck's, I really appreciate your kind reply
Hope your doing ok