PDA

View Full Version : Anxiousness and Palpitations

ScarletSpeedster
15-11-15, 17:31
Hi guys.

Today I am struggling a bit with my anxiety.

The day just started off a little dark from the off, and I have that sense of impending doom like many anxiety sufferers say that also experience.

I have a lot of chest tightness and 'pre-palpitation' feelings in my chest that usually occur before my palpitations begin. No matter how often I get them, nor how many times I make it through them, I am always in a state of fear and panic before and when they happen.

I have had an ECG done at my local surgery which came back fine, and the Thursday just gone I had an Echocardiogram (no results back yet, which I am trying to take as a good sign?!).

I have to keep telling myself that my primary doctor doesn't think I have any heart problems, and that every time he listens to my heart (and through analysing my ECG), everything sounds normal.

I want this chest tightness and anxiousness to stop, but don't know how when I start getting anxious about having a palpitation. What should I do when like this?

Hope all is well with you guys :bighug1:

dizzy daisy
15-11-15, 17:50
Hi you've said it yourself you've had tests and your dr had said there are no issues with your heart. I know the anxiety is making you feel like there is but there isn't.
You just have to learn to distract yourself from stmptomscwhichni know is really hard because as soon as you begin to think they are anything but anxiety it's starts to fan the flames again.
I had a really bad time a few years ago with the same symptoms you're having now and I know how debilitating it is. I was so bad I couldn't work in the end or have much of a life at all really. I decided I had to force myself through it so I got a part time job, made myself go everyday even though I felt so bad. I chose a job where I could just keep busy as much as possible. Once I'd done that gut a while I got another job with increased hours and again it was uncomfortable but I made myself do it until after a year I was working full time. Now this was not easy at all. Some days I felt like crying but bit by bit those awful intense feelings started to become less and less. You will feel better scarlet I promise you but it does take time.
I've been bad with anxiety fit the last 3 weeks but I've been waiting for blood results as you know which has obviously thrown fuel on the fire with me. I'm forcing myself back into work tomorrow and feel sick st the thought but I know I really need to fight fire with fire to make progress xxxx