PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP ME! Can anyone relate to these symptoms???

LittleLostGirl
15-11-15, 17:35
Over the past month or so I have noticed several problems with my vision that only seem to be getting worse. Needless to say they have been causing me an extreme amount of anxiety and Im not sure what came first. The symptoms or the anxiety. I have an appointment for a CT scan with my neurologist this week and Im afraid of everything from receiving no diagnosis at all, to finding out I have MS, a tumor, going blind etc.

My symptoms are as follows:
-Seeing bright spots (as if I caught a glare from something but there is nothing bright around me, it lingers for about 3-5 seconds and slowly fades)
-Seeing blank or dark spots on white walls out of the corner of my eye. (I know Im seeing something and then when I look to check, nothing is there)
-Seeing small pin pricks of light that quickly jump into my vision and go as quickly as they came (not visual snow- Ive suffered from visual snow my entire life this is different)

My symptoms are more noticeable when going from bright to dim light and when I stand up. I also have a hellish time in the shower and see all kinds of weird things.

If anyone can relate at all or offer me any insight it would be greatly appreciated. My anxiety over this is ruining my life. Please please help me!

GingerFish
16-11-15, 11:17
I've had this for years and had my eyes tested multiple times and they have been fine. The doctors and opticians put it down to floaters, anxiety and migraines. I always thought floaters were only ever while zig zaggy lines but apparently they can be dark dots or flashes too. I've noticed mine get worse I'd I move from somewhere that's dark into somewhere that's bright. I feel like I've gone blind for a sec or two and can only see these dots. It used to scare me but I've had it that long now that I'm used to it. Good luck with your upcoming tests. I'm hoping they give you some peace of mind :)

LittleLostGirl
16-11-15, 14:11
Thank you ginger fish. I'm glad to hear that someone can relate to what I'm going through. I started to feel like a freak. I too hope the tests will give me some peace of mind.

Sparkling_Fairy
16-11-15, 18:17
For sure they sound like floaters. I've had them for years though the first time I thought j had a tumor.
Talked to my optician about it and he immediately said: floaters. Did an eye check to confirm it.
Annoying little buggers. They come and go.

LittleLostGirl
16-11-15, 20:46
They're so annoying and scary! I can't focus on anything because of them! I hope I get used to them soon!

Sparkling_Fairy
16-11-15, 22:46
They're so annoying and scary! I can't focus on anything because of them! I hope I get used to them soon!

You will. I notice mine a lot when I'm in a very bright place. But after a while you really don't notice them anymore.
They'll go away, and then others will take their place.
You can have them removed, but they only do that if they really block your sight. Don't worry, I noticed them all the time at first 'cause they were new. They're such old news now, I don't see them anymore :yesyes:

Lifelonganxiety!
16-11-15, 23:40
I notice my floaters most against bright objects like a white wall or especially the sky.

If I concentrate on them they "block" my vision, but when I ignore them they don't cause nearly any problems.

They sound perfectly normal to me, eventually you'll just get used to living with them!

LittleLostGirl
17-11-15, 01:55
But even the ones that flash? I feel like I'll never get used to those, they scare me so much! Thank you all for your input, it is very comforting!