PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Assistance

Ross
17-02-07, 22:08
MOST LOGIN PROBLEMS ARE DUE TO BROWSER COOKIES. PLEASE SEE ATTACHED DOCUMENT (at the bottom of this post) ON HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM. (Internet Explorer)

First thing; Please read this page Clicky! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=forumhelp)

If anyone has any problems, or questions about the new forum, please post them here.

If your problems are related to passwords and / or other private information, please PM or email nomorepanic as usual.

PM NOTIFICATION: In the old forum, when you received a PM, a box would jump up and slap you in the face. That is an option you can have here also.

To turn this function on, goto the User CP (top left of your screen). Click 'Edit Options' in the Control Panel list.

Here you can alter several settings. If you are unaware what they do, ask below and I will try to reply as soon as possible.

The second set of options (the second box down) the last setting is to turn on / off the PM Notification.

Put an X in the box, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click 'Save Changes'.

Now, when you receive a PM, the Notification Box should appear like before.

Hope this helps

Ross

EDITED TO ADD: If anyone else wants to offer assistance with queries, please do not hesitate. I'm sure there will be a lot of members with teething troubles, as there is quite a difference between this magnificant shiny new forum, and the old one.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

bobsy
17-02-07, 22:18
Thanks for your help Ross i have eventually found it.

Thanks for all your help and assistance

cheers

bobsy

normalwisdom
17-02-07, 22:41
What is the little green button.......saying about being in a distinguised road?

Ross
17-02-07, 22:45
What is the little green button.......saying about being in a distinguised road?

You will see a set of weighing scales above the user info (to the top right of the post window, next to the Report Button (the Exclamation Triangle).

If you find a post particuarly helpful, or complete rubbish (like most of mine) you can ADD or REDUCE the Author of the posts 'Reputation'.

The higher or lower the Reputation gets is relevant to the green button I believe. I will look into it and get back to you.

normalwisdom
17-02-07, 22:47
Well obviously I'll be very knowlegeable lol top ten!!
Thanks...I spelt that wrong didn't I

dizzyd
17-02-07, 22:54
I have posted on messages to No More Panic but maybe I should have posted here??? My question is - I seem to have reverted back to being a New Member??? Can you put me back to being an Intermediate one??? Thanks
Dawn x

Ross
17-02-07, 22:56
I have posted on messages to No More Panic but maybe I should have posted here??? My question is - I seem to have reverted back to being a New Member??? Can you put me back to being an Intermediate one??? Thanks
Dawn x

Hi Dawn, all the status' have changed due to a different way this forum works.

I will have to ask Nic what the different levels are now, as I havent seen that screen for a long time. (I'm sure she will post here to explain how many posts are needed for each New Status)

But, as it happens, post quality is better than quantity, so keep up the good work.

dizzyd
17-02-07, 22:58
Following you around Ross !!!!
Thanks again x

angiebaby
17-02-07, 23:13
Just like to thankyou Ross for the advice with the new 'buttons' and 'gadgets', most helpful and i'm sure i will need lots of help. lol.

eeyorelover
18-02-07, 04:42
Hey Ross - is there a way to get the posts to come up under each ones topic (EX announcement,symptoms,etc) like the old site ? I see the active topics thingy at the top but it seems like all the posts are just coming up randomly.

Ross
18-02-07, 07:56
Hey Ross - is there a way to get the posts to come up under each ones topic (EX announcement,symptoms,etc) like the old site ? I see the active topics thingy at the top but it seems like all the posts are just coming up randomly.

Then problems you are having with the 'Active Topics' may be to do with all the threads being moved over to the new site (so all have the same age if that makes sense).

New posts are signaled by the 'glowing' icon, next to the Topic on the main forum window. You may have noted a "Mark Forum Read" button at the bottom of the Topics List. When you press this, it will turn off all the 'glowing icons' until a new post is made within that topic.

If any of that made sense, then well done because I just read it back to myself and have established it's far to early for a Sunday. :o

EDITED TO ADD: There are 4 options of how to display the Threads and their respective Posts. This setting is in the User CP > Edit Options.

Here is a breakdown of what the 4 options do. Clicky! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_vb_threadedmode)

Hope that is of some help.

Ross

tam
18-02-07, 09:23
hi ross can you tell me is it normal to keep having to log in everytime,this is what i have to do.thanks tracy

syl
18-02-07, 09:25
ross
how do we get the icon next to our names please

Phill2
18-02-07, 10:42
What happened to all my subscriptions?
I had heaps now it's only 1
Phill

Phill2
18-02-07, 10:45
How do I subscribe to topics?
Phill

normalwisdom
18-02-07, 12:19
hi ross can you tell me is it normal to keep having to log in everytime,this is what i have to do.thanks tracy

There is a tick box under the login boxes saying remember me. Just tick that and it should work.

domino
18-02-07, 13:10
Hope i,ve got the right place , just wondered how do i get my picci of my WHALE that i down loaded on to the forum?

Piglet
18-02-07, 13:18
To get your avatar Rickards you go to your own profile by clicking CP user on the top left hand corner of the screen and then click edit avator and it will come up with all the choices that nic downloaded for you all.

Piglet x

darkangel
18-02-07, 13:37
hi ross
thx for this link - im finding my way around slowly!

what happens when you pm someone - and the message appears that their inbox is too full to receive a new message - do i need to remeber to send again or will it get sent automatcially when they clear up room in their inbox?

darkangel x

Ross
18-02-07, 14:23
Question:
What happened to all my subscriptions?
I had heaps now it's only 1
Phill

Question:
How do I subscribe to topics?
Phill

Answer: Hi Jullip. The New and Old Forums were not as compatible as first thought, so the Subscriptions have unfortunately been lost in the transition. To subscribe to threads now, Click 'Thread Tools' above the initial Post. This will show you a drop down menu. Click 'Subscribe to Thread' then you are subscribed.

--------------------------------------

just woundering can i set a costom avatar??? and how would one do this if u can?

Answer: Currently you cannot upload you own custom Avartars. This is something which is being considered, but as I'm sure you are aware, on other sites this feature is abused. If there is an Avatar you would like, please mail it to nomorepanic@btinternet.com. (Avatar Size to be less than 120x120px). Obviously Nic is incredibly busy at the moment, so it may take a while for the Avatar to be in the list.

------------------------------------------

Question:
Answer:
There is a tick box under the login boxes saying remember me. Just tick that and it should work. Thank you Steph.

------------------------------------------

Question:
ross
how do we get the icon next to our names please
Question:
Hope i,ve got the right place , just wondered how do i get my picci of my WHALE that i down loaded on to the forum?

Answer:
To get your avatar Rickards you go to your own profile by clicking CP user on the top left hand corner of the screen and then click edit avator and it will come up with all the choices that nic downloaded for you all.
Piglet x Thank you Piglet.

------------------------------------

hi ross
thx for this link - im finding my way around slowly!

what happens when you pm someone - and the message appears that their inbox is too full to receive a new message - do i need to remeber to send again or will it get sent automatcially when they clear up room in their inbox?

darkangel x

Hi DA,
Just like in the old forum, they will have to delete some messages before they can receive new ones. This is set at a level where users can enjoy a decent quantity of PM's, whilst still keeping the site running at optimum performance. I hope this helps.

domino
18-02-07, 14:28
Thankyou piglet, i will give it a go.

domino
18-02-07, 14:31
Yes it work,s what a relief.

Ross
18-02-07, 16:19
Reply Box.

(The box you type a reply to a post in)

There are 3 options with regards to the reply box;

Basic Editor - A simple text box
Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls
Enhanced Editor - Full WSYIWYG Editing.

By default, you have the "Full WYSIWYG Editor"

This is full WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get). Personally I find this the easiest type of Reply Box to use, as you don't have to worry about formatting codes (make your text bigger, different colours etc)

However, the Standard Editor looks very similar and works very similar to the Reply Box on the old forum (with Smilies, etc). you may prefer this!

You can also have the Basic Editor if you'r not worried about colour, size or smilies etc. This may be beneficial for users on Dial-Up.

You can change this in the Edit Options area of your User CP Click Me (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/profile.php?do=editoptions). Its all the way at the bottom of the Options area.

NB: Users with old versions of Internet Explorer or other Browsers such as Netscape, Opera etc may not be able to use the full functionality of the Enhanced Editor.

Have a play with each one, and see which you prefer to look and feel of. You can always revert back to the Standard Box at anytime.

yorkylover
18-02-07, 16:31
I cant the smilies up,whats it mean by disable smilies,and I cant get the coloured writing.Im stressed !!!!!!!!!!!

Ross
18-02-07, 16:32
I cant the smilies up,whats it mean by disable smilies,and I cant get the coloured writing.Im stressed !!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Ellen, read the post above, it will explain how to set your Reply Box to Enhanced Editor. At that point, you will be able to use Colour, Size, Fonts, and Smilies.

Hope this helps.

Ross

darkangel
19-02-07, 13:45
hi ross - me again
thanks for previous advice
how can i view the whole screen - ive got to keep moving the blue bar at the bottom on the screen to the right so i can read whats at the right hand side - does this make sense?
thx in advance darkangel x

belle
19-02-07, 13:59
Hi...

I'm hoping you can help me.

Since the "change over" i keep being shown an "Internet explorer script error" on this site. Ugh...its driving me mad. Whenever i do *anything* on here i get his pop-up box.

Can you help me?

Sarah

nomorepanic
19-02-07, 14:06
Sarah

What does the pop-up box say in it?

nomorepanic
19-02-07, 14:07
hi ross - me again
how can i view the whole screen - ive got to keep moving the blue bar at the bottom on the screen to the right so i can read whats at the right hand side - does this make sense?

Have you tried changing your screen resolution?

Is it in all pages or just some?

Ross
19-02-07, 14:44
Hi...

I'm hoping you can help me.

Since the "change over" i keep being shown an "Internet explorer script error" on this site. Ugh...its driving me mad. Whenever i do *anything* on here i get his pop-up box.

Can you help me?

Sarah

Hi Sarah. Its probably to do with one of these flashy Avatar things. You will need update your browser. Can you find out what version you are currently running please. You will find this info in Help > About. (located in the centre of the very top of this window)

Thanks

hi ross - me again

Hi DA. Does this happen on Every Page? Nic is probably on the right lines. What screen resolution are you using? And what Browser?

belle
19-02-07, 14:55
Are you meaning what version of IE i am using?

Sarah

Ross
19-02-07, 14:56
Are you meaning what version of IE i am using?

Sarah

Yup Yup.

belle
19-02-07, 15:00
Sorry, you are working with a complete idiot here!

It says IE 7.

Sarah

Ross
19-02-07, 15:06
Sorry, you are working with a complete idiot here!It says IE 7.Sarah

Its no problem.

Do you know if your computer Automatically Updates from the Microsoft Website Sarah?

Might be worth manually installing the latest version anyway. You can find that here Clicky! (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/ie/getitnow.mspx)

Select your Operating System from the list and press go. (if you dont know which Operating System you are using, press the link below for instructions (on that site))

belle
19-02-07, 15:44
Thank you very much Ross.
It would appear i have MANY updates that needed to be done (over 4 hours worth...lol).

Sarah.

Ross
19-02-07, 15:48
Thank you very much Ross.
It would appear i have MANY updates that needed to be done (over 4 hours worth...lol).

Sarah.

Ah, lol. that *should* solve the problems. If not, there are a couple of other things we can try, but best to get the basics out of the way first.

Incidently, 90% of those updates are Security Updates, and will enhance the security of your computer, so it's worth having them.

Good Luck

Ross

darkangel
19-02-07, 17:06
thanks nic and ross

changed the screen roslution - im so pleased with myself i found where to change it - lol

not only is this site great for anxiety - free computer advice too - bril

darkangel x

Ross
19-02-07, 17:31
thanks nic and ross

changed the screen roslution - im so pleased with myself i found where to change it - lol

not only is this site great for anxiety - free computer advice too - bril

darkangel x

Well Done DA. See, these shiny plastic boxes aren't so difficult to use afterall :okay:

belle
20-02-07, 08:33
Hi Ross..
Sadly that didn't resolve my problem.
Do you have any other ideas?

Sarah

syl
20-02-07, 09:15
Hi ross
can you please give me any idea what i might have done wrong in the changeover
when i go into active topics and click since last visit i get loads of messages but also from before my last visit time if that makes sence before used to get only the m,essages from the last time i loged in
any ideas please

Quirky
20-02-07, 13:22
Hi Ross,

Just a quick question please. When I log in I tick the box that says remember me but it won't remember me, any ideas why? I'm quite good with pc problems but am baffled on this one - not that it really matters either way as it's no problem to put my details in each time.

Thanks,

Lisa

Ross
20-02-07, 14:42
Hi Ross..
Sadly that didn't resolve my problem.
Do you have any other ideas?

Sarah

Hi Sarah, Sorry that didn't solve your Script Error problem. The only other thing I can think of, is that your Internet Explorer has a fault embedded into it. Try removing your Cookies. Instructions on how to do this are in this Document (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=4&d=1171810926))

You will then have to put your Username and Password in again, and see how it goes. Let me know if it makes a difference.

Thanks, Ross

Hi ross
can you please give me any idea what i might have done wrong in the changeover
when i go into active topics and click since last visit i get loads of messages but also from before my last visit time if that makes sence before used to get only the m,essages from the last time i loged in
any ideas please

Hi Syl. Just before you log out of NMP, click the "Mark Forums Read" Button which is located at the bottom of the Topics List (Just under the SandBox). That should set everything to read, and then the "since last visit" should work correctly.

Hope this helps

Ross

Hi Ross,

Just a quick question please. When I log in I tick the box that says remember me but it won't remember me, any ideas why? I'm quite good with pc problems but am baffled on this one - not that it really matters either way as it's no problem to put my details in each time.

Thanks,

Lisa

Your Browser probably wrote a Cookie for NMP before you entered your Username and Password. Remove the Cookies and log in, remembering to click the "Remember Me" button, and you should be ok.

Hope this helps

Ross

Quirky
20-02-07, 14:55
Thanks Ross.

I have tried that and it doesn't work, still no problem really I just have to stop being lazy and type instead lol. I did remove a NMP cookie and tried again. You may be right that my browser wrote a cookie before I entered my username as after removing the cookie there was another new one when I came to this site and tried again yet it had been removed successfully. Oh well sod cookies I'll have pancakes instead tonight! lol

Thanks,

Lisa

belle
20-02-07, 14:58
Hi..
Sorry, that didn't work either.
Could it be something within my Internet Options that needs to be ticked or unticked?

Sarah

Ross
20-02-07, 15:08
Thanks Ross.

I have tried that and it doesn't work, still no problem really I just have to stop being lazy and type instead lol. I did remove a NMP cookie and tried again. You may be right that my browser wrote a cookie before I entered my username as after removing the cookie there was another new one when I came to this site and tried again yet it had been removed successfully. Oh well sod cookies I'll have pancakes instead tonight! lol

Thanks,

Lisa

Hi Lisa. I will look into it, and get back to you when I find a prossible solution. Thanks for your patience.

Ross

Hi..
Sorry, that didn't work either.
Could it be something within my Internet Options that needs to be ticked or unticked?

Sarah

Hi Sarah. I am flummoxed, but I will search for a solution to your problem.

Up to you, but you could use FireFox for now, which is a free Browser, and is far superior to IE anyways. Its only a small download, and will install very quickly.

Here is the link to FireFox (http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/)

You will probably notice your Browsing is faster, and definately more secure with it.

EDITED TO ADD: You are probably right, its more than likely got something to do with the Security Settings that are set on your Browser, but I dont want to go down the road of setting them to a lower level, and risk security for your computer from other sites.

strawberrie
20-02-07, 18:35
hi ross, ok this is going to sound like the thickest question ever, but how do i get on to the forum without going through the related links page from the nmp home page?

If I click on 'main menu' on the left i do not get a list of anything, i think this is where i should be able to find the link to the forum, but its not there, so the only way i can get back to the forum home is by clicking back through everything i've looked at. Does that make sense?

thanks

mag

nomorepanic
20-02-07, 18:53
Mag

A few people have this problem. Can you not pull down the main menu atall?

Have you cleared your cookies out?

The direct link to the forum is http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forum.php

Try that for now.

strawberrie
20-02-07, 19:04
thanks Nicola, ive just tried deleting cookies and it doesnt seem to have made any difference. I have nothing in the main menu, i can click on it so the arrow changes direction, but nothing else - it does not highlight when i wave my cursor over it, it is strange cos i can click on the 'online users' menu and get into that no problems.

i'll use the link for the moment
thanks
mag

nomorepanic
20-02-07, 19:10
Mag

How weird. We have 3 people with this now and Ross is scratching his head over it so watch this space!

Ross
20-02-07, 19:18
Hi Mag, AOL by chance? or another 3rd party software?

If so, you will need to download a 'Industry Standard' browser, such as Internet Explorer or FireFox.

The Browser you are probably using has been hacked to pieces by a company who want to just promote their own links and software.

Get a nice clean Browser and you should have no problems here, or on any other forums etc.

The links to these Browsers are Here (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17680) (Post 2)

strawberrie
20-02-07, 19:22
oh dear, trust me to be weird lol. im glad im not the only one though, and i'm usually so good at working out computer problems :sign20: :blush: :whistles:

mag

nomorepanic
20-02-07, 19:26
Ross

Get back to entertaining your guest :emot-giggle:

I am the temporary relief for Tech support so you can have some time off.

You won't have any problems when you come back I will sort them all :p :yahoo: :whistles: :read:

Ross
20-02-07, 19:30
Ross

Get back to entertaining your guest :emot-giggle:

I am the temporary relief for Tech support so you can have some time off.

You won't have any problems when you come back I will sort them all :p :yahoo: :whistles: :read:

Thats what I'm worried about:ohmy: :laugh:

This is me ----> :ninja:

strawberrie
20-02-07, 19:38
i must've been posting at the same time as you ross.

well, ive got no problems from internet explorer - looks like its all evil aol's fault (as usual) :mad:

sorted ta :D

mag

nomorepanic
20-02-07, 19:43
Oh AOL - :spam: :ban: :ban: :yellowcard:

We don't like AOL as you can tell :rolleyes:

Ross
20-02-07, 19:45
http://www.triplepundit.com/pages/aol.jpg http://www.floggingenglish.com/media/contentMedia/Image/noAOL.jpg (http://www.triplepundit.com/pages/aol.jpg)

:laugh:

Alex
20-02-07, 21:15
http://www.triplepundit.com/pages/aol.jpg http://www.floggingenglish.com/media/contentMedia/Image/noAOL.jpg (http://www.triplepundit.com/pages/aol.jpg)

:laugh:

I really wish people would ;)

Alex

tam
20-02-07, 21:37
hi ross me again lol.were are all the smiles,guess what i cant find them.tracy

tam
20-02-07, 21:53
hi ross i have just replied to a topic and the smiles are there,but are not here now when im typing this.Also cant work out how to do colour anymore.Iam sorry to be a pain.tracy

Ross
20-02-07, 21:57
hi ross me again lol.were are all the smiles,guess what i cant find them.tracy

hi ross i have just replied to a topic and the smiles are there,but are not here now when im typing this.Also cant work out how to do colour anymore.Iam sorry to be a pain.tracy

Are you using the Quick Reply box at the bottom? If so, you wont get the Smilies or Colour options etc.

Click the "Post Reply" Button just to the bottom left of this message, and you should find them all there.

Let me know with a big Smilie and a colourful message :p

tam
20-02-07, 22:04
rossssss got the smiles but cant find colour.tracy

Ross
20-02-07, 22:07
rossssss got the smiles but cant find colour.tracy

ok, reply to this message, look up. You see it says Verdana in one box, then next to that says 2 in another. Well, just to the right of that is a captal A with a black bar underneath it. Click that, then a drop down list will apear with different colours.

Highlight the text you want to change colour, and click on one of the colours in the drop down list.

tam
20-02-07, 22:14
ross your a star:D :D :sign20: :sign20: :sign20: :sign20: :sign20: thankyou:w00t2: :emot-cheering: :emot-worship: :emot-partyblower: :emot-partyblower: :emot-cheering: :emot-cheering:

Piglet
02-03-07, 13:32
Ross, Nic or Alex,

Please can I ask a question?

Yes Piglet you may, cos I am sure it will be a really sensible one that everyone else wants to ask too!

Thank you :)

I love lots of the smilies but I don't want to have to keep searching through them all to find my favourite ones. On the old site I could delete the ones I never used. Also can you find an embarrassed yellow one, that pink one just doesn't reflect how embarassing I can truly be!!

Love Piglet xx

Piglet
02-03-07, 15:09
:)

nomorepanic
02-03-07, 15:19
Is Piglet being impatient lol

nomorepanic
02-03-07, 15:29
Piglet

At the moment I can't see any option that allows members to delete the smilies. I didn't even know you could do it on the old site to be honest.

I can re-arrange the order in which they appear on the screen but it will change for everyone so I guess we would have to pick the order well.

Not sure about the new one you want. Maybe Ross will know as he got me all this lot.

I will let him post about that later. If we can find one you can have it.

Piglet
02-03-07, 16:33
:mad: me impatient - never!!!!

Thank you salad dodger - shall I give you the list for the order to come in??

:winks:

:hugs:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Piglet xx

nomorepanic
02-03-07, 17:52
Yes please - post the smilies here in order lol

Piglet
02-03-07, 18:59
:) :D :mad: :ohmy: :blush: :weep: :unsure: :hugs: :winks: :lac: :shades: :yesyes:

:yahoo::roflmao: :byebye: :flowers:

I think these look like the ones we would have use for the most - the first three are already in this order so great minds think alike :D .

I have also found an embarassed one 5th along the top - I didn't see it cos there are so many. I still like all the others (specially the sofa one and the reading one) so it will be nice to have them all for those special moments but I reckon these are your basics!!

What do ya think?

Love Piglet :flowers:

Karen
02-03-07, 19:45
I like these ones too:

:wacko: :huh: :shrug:

Karen

nomorepanic
02-03-07, 20:37
Cheers Piglet and Karen - I will see what I can do for you ok?

Piglet
02-03-07, 21:15
Love you!! :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Piglet :D

Karen
02-03-07, 21:25
Thank You Nic http://www.emotihost.com/glass9/9.gif

Karen xx

nomorepanic
02-03-07, 22:08
Blimey that was hard work - over 100 smilies to edit.

Have a look now Karen and Piglet

xxx

Piglet
02-03-07, 22:40
That's fab - I'm sure that will speed me up abit :D :D :D :D

Special :hugs: for you!!

Love Piglet xx

nomorepanic
02-03-07, 22:41
Cheers Piglet - was it all ok then?

Karen
03-03-07, 01:43
Thank you Nic. It is much improved for me now :hugs:

Karen xx

Karen
07-03-07, 16:39
Just noticed the frown one :( is on the list twice and have they all moved around or is it me? :huh:
Sorry, I am not complaining just confused :sofa:

Karen xx

nomorepanic
07-03-07, 16:48
Now I am not one to snitch on people but .........

:secret: Piglet made me do it :sofa:

She wanted her flower one on the main list so the others would have moved order a bit.

I removed the duplicate frown one so thanks for letting me know.

You will have to have a fight with her about who's smilies are better Karen :winks:

Karen
07-03-07, 17:33
Hi Nic

Ahh... thanks for letting me know. I'll have a word with Piglet when I see her next week lol :winks: :D

I really don't mind about the flower one being there. I am just relieved I am not losing it by imagining they had all shifted places! http://www.emotihost.com/glass14/11.gif

You will have to have a fight with her about who's smilies are better Karen :winks:
No need to do that Nic. Some of my favourites are still on the main list and I understand you cannot please everyone :) :flowers:

Karen xx

nomorepanic
07-03-07, 17:38
No you are not going mad mate.:ohmy:

I haven't even started the fight with her yet about the ones I want on the main page. Shall we gang up on her. (hope she doesn't read this :noangel: )

Piglet
07-03-07, 17:54
:mad: :curse: :mad: :curse:

:bansign: Ban the pair of you is what I say!! Then I would have the whole site to myself and all the smilies would be pringles!!!! :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Think it's only the reading a book one that has moved off the main page Karen matey!

Nic you need to make the page fit more than 15 on it - :secret: Karen lol that will keep them too busy to be going off to health farms enjoying themselves!!

Piglet :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

nomorepanic
07-03-07, 18:09
Piglet

As we speak I am reading the manual on how to add more - can't figure it out yet though!

Karen
07-03-07, 18:48
:sign20: I don't want to pick a fight with anyone :oopsie:

I'm just relieved it wasn't me dreaming or not being aware of what's real again :wacko: .

Glad we are keep you busy Nic reading the manual! :D http://www.emotihost.com/glass20/10.gif

Piglet - Yes, I finally worked out it was only the book one that had moved from the main page. It was all the others being jumbled up that confused me - it doesn't take a lot lol! :huh:

Karen xx

nomorepanic
07-03-07, 19:02
I am going to test you both later on the order that they are in!

Don't worry about it Karen - happy to help out when I can and keep the troops happy.

nomorepanic
07-03-07, 19:02
I don't want to teach people "how to suck eggs" but did you know you can type in the shortcut for the smilie and it will appear.

You can only do this in Post Reply and not the quick reply box but once you know the shortcut name for the smilie (shown under it) then just type that in here.

So, for example to get the Welcome smilie type in : welcome : BUT without the spaces either side of the colon. Saves searching for them through the smilie box.

Piglet
07-03-07, 19:05
I am going to test you both later on the order that they are in!

ROFL!!!

Piglet :flowers:

Karen
07-03-07, 21:42
Thanks Nic. Then I would have trouble remembering the shortcuts :wacko: :doh:

BTW - just noticed :w00t2: on there twice now - also as dribble :sofa:

Karen :blush: xx

nomorepanic
07-03-07, 21:50
Do we like that moving one or dribble though?

Karen
07-03-07, 22:03
My mistake - I didn't realise one moved and the other didn't :oopsie:

Sorry :blush:

Karen xx

nomorepanic
07-03-07, 22:09
Ok Karen must go to back of the smilie class and Piglet is now winning and you how she wins at everything!:yesyes:

Karen
07-03-07, 22:21
True Nic lol! Piglet even beat me at a board game when I visited :lac:

I need to study harder! :read:

Karen xx

Piglet
07-03-07, 22:51
Piglet blows on her nails with a smug expression on her face :D

Piglet :flowers:

Phill2
14-03-07, 20:57
How do I change a subscription to instant notification?
I'm subscribed to some topics but don't get notified of new replies
Thanks
Phill

nomorepanic
14-03-07, 21:13
Phill

Did you subscribe with email notification?

Ross
14-03-07, 22:25
How do I change a subscription to instant notification?
I'm subscribed to some topics but don't get notified of new replies
Thanks
Phill

Hi Phill,

To receive notifications of Subscribed threads;

Enter your User CP and click on 'List Subscriptions'. The list of subscribed threads will appear on the right hand side of the screen. To the very right, there is a tick box. The threads you wish to be notified, check this box and you should receive the notification of new posts etc.

Hope this helps,

Ross

Phill2
15-03-07, 04:24
Hi Phill,

To receive notifications of Subscribed threads;

Enter your User CP and click on 'List Subscriptions'. The list of subscribed threads will appear on the right hand side of the screen. To the very right, there is a tick box. The threads you wish to be notified, check this box and you should receive the notification of new posts etc.

Hope this helps,

Ross
Tried that but they don't stay ticked.Looked for but can't find a "save " button
Phill

nomorepanic
15-03-07, 11:35
Phill

Did you select the option from the pull down box to send email notification....

See attached picture.

Phill2
15-03-07, 11:42
Phill

Did you select the option from the pull down box to send email notification....

See attached picture.

My page looks like that except some topics have "none" next to them and I can't find a way to change it and make it stay changed.
I tick the boxes and when I go back they're unticked again.
Phill

Ross
15-03-07, 15:22
My page looks like that except some topics have "none" next to them and I can't find a way to change it and make it stay changed.
I tick the boxes and when I go back they're unticked again.
Phill

Ah, sorry I didnt explain it fully;

Once you have ticked the box, you need to scroll to the bottom of the list and move them to the 'Instant E-Mail Notification' (or something similar) area. Click the 'Go' button, and you should receive instant notifications.

Hope this helps, and sorry for the confusion.

Ross

nomorepanic
15-03-07, 18:12
Phill

I sent you an email from here can you confirm if you got it or not.

Thanks

Phill2
16-03-07, 03:07
Thank Nic i got the mail
and thanks Ross its OK now I know about the go button etc:yesyes: :yesyes: