PDA

View Full Version : A step backwards

Steph_
15-11-15, 19:52
Hi everyone,

I haven't felt the need to visit these forums in years. I re-registered due to a recent attack of anxiety which has lasted months now. I suffered badly with health anxiety years ago, but in the last couple of years after working hard on myself and my outlook, I thought I had beaten it and had 2 good years of having no fear, no irrational thoughts, no mental ill-health of any kind. So this feels like I've just taken a huge step backwards. I used to think I knew how to deal with my anxiety: I learned all the breathing techniques and meditations and about exercising and eating right and keeping my thoughts and words positive but I feel like i've been doing all that every day for months and it's not working. I feel like I'm losing the fight. So I thought I'd join again and see if I can find some relief. It does bring comfort to see so many people going through the same thing as me. I'll probably be spending most of my time here in the health anxiety forum so maybe I'll see you around. Thanks for having me.

venusbluejeans
15-11-15, 19:57
Hiya Steph_ and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

DoryV
17-11-15, 04:33
Hi Steph
I'm new here, mabey you can show me around.