PDA

View Full Version : Scared...chest infection & wheezing, strange breathing noises

GirlAfraid23
16-11-15, 08:02
For around a fortnight I had a suspected bad sinus infection. I didn't go to the GP surgery as I have always suffered from sinus issues.
Anyway, fast forward a week or two and I start coughing and wheezing when I exhale. There's a strange low rattle when I breathe out, occasionally higher pitched. I've had that for a week now as it started last weekend...

I went to the walk in clinic yesterday and was given amoxicillin 500mg take three times a day for a week.
She listened to my chest and said she could hear a crackle on my lower right lung. It's my right nostril that seems most blocked up, so don't know if there's a connection.

I've taken four antibiotics and so far no improvement...I have to go to work as I've had recent time off and have only recently started the job. I also have a low grade fever and feel exhausted from coughing.

I'm really worried especially about this strange breathing sound :weep:
How long will the amoxicillin take to work?

SmithsFan
16-11-15, 09:52
For around a fortnight I had a suspected bad sinus infection. I didn't go to the GP surgery as I have always suffered from sinus issues.
Anyway, fast forward a week or two and I start coughing and wheezing when I exhale. There's a strange low rattle when I breathe out, occasionally higher pitched. I've had that for a week now as it started last weekend...

I went to the walk in clinic yesterday and was given amoxicillin 500mg take three times a day for a week.
She listened to my chest and said she could hear a crackle on my lower right lung. It's my right nostril that seems most blocked up, so don't know if there's a connection.

I've taken four antibiotics and so far no improvement...I have to go to work as I've had recent time off and have only recently started the job. I also have a low grade fever and feel exhausted from coughing.

I'm really worried especially about this strange breathing sound :weep:
How long will the amoxicillin take to work?

I would think you would be over half a course of antibiotics before you should expect an improvement. Hopefully your work will appreciate how sick you are and show understanding. Good employers recognise when their employees are ill and look after them, whether they are new or not.

Great taste in music BTW.