PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal or am I mad

Itsonlyme26
16-11-15, 15:01
All day yesterday I felt really weird and not in a good way. It was extremely horrible. It was only half way through eating my dinner that it got the better of me and I had to go lay down otherwise I'd probably end up in tears or having a panic attack , which I want neither. It was like I'd been in a hypnotic trance all day not being able to focus or concentrate it was as if someone was commanding me to do things and I was a slave to them , even though no one was commanding me. I had to stop eating my dinner as I was scared I'd choke because I couldn't swallow my food properly the feeling of being hypnotised was so real. I couldn't snap out of it. I had to end up taking codeine to relax me which helped because God knows what would of happened if it hadn't of helped , I dread to think about that. However today is no different from yesterday I have all the same symptoms and I just can't snap out of it. I am so confused because it makes me feel like I am under someone's control but I kind of like it it's like a turn on which makes me even more sad. Is this normal ? Please help

GingerFish
17-11-15, 02:01
I've had this a lot recently, especially as I've been under a lot of stress and had a lot more panics than usual. Its a very hard feeling to explain but it sounds to me like you have a case of DP/DR which is horrible and can be very distressing but in no way dangerous. Its very common to have feelings like this when you have an anxiety disorder and especially if you're in a bad setback or stressful period. Rest assured you are not going mad. I know its hard to believe that when you feel like this but you are fine, it's anxiety playing it's tricks as usual. If you haven't been eating or sleeping well lately that can add to these feelings too. Its amazing how much of an effect lack of sleep or eating can have to someone with anxiety problems.

Itsonlyme26
17-11-15, 11:44
What's DP AND DR ?

GingerFish
17-11-15, 11:44
Depersonalization and derealization.

melvin
17-11-15, 22:24
I feel like this most of the time a bloody ball ache

venusbluejeans
17-11-15, 22:56
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Take a look in the forum I have moved your thread to itsonlyme, you may find some of the threads useful