PDA

View Full Version : Cervical Cancer Worries

hubbardsr75
16-11-15, 16:25
Hi all

Had my last smear test in January which came back fine, have never had problems with them.

Went to see GP in August as having very heavy and painful periods. She sent me for a transvaginal scan to check everything (I suffered ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage last year). They said that was fine apart from a very small fibroid. Since the summer I have also spotted very slightly twice that we have had sex (both times around the time I would be ovulating). Having mentioned this to the GP today she now wants to do an internal examination. I can't get an appointment to do this until 16 December though so now my anxiety is in overdrive.

Could it be cervical cancer even though am up to date on my smears and my ultrasound scan was fine? Is it just ovulation spotting?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

daisyflower
16-11-15, 17:06
It won't be cervical cancer if your smear was normal! It will either be the fibroid getting knocked or an erosion. I often have spotting and when I was worried about it and asked a few people, everyone else had spotting sometimes too X

nomorepanic
16-11-15, 17:07
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.