PDA

View Full Version : No cure for anxiety

yogibear
17-11-15, 01:53
I am totally and utterly fed up. This is my life now forever as far as I can see. I take time off uni, catch up on sleep deprivation then make a fresh start toss but slept only 2 hours last night as I knew I had to be up early today. Did my best to get through as much of the day until I caved and has to take a Valium as anxiety was creeping in! I keep getting dizzy and vibration like feeling in my head when I'm in class. It's ridiculous as I have nothing to be anxious about but I'm just getting all ****ing panicky. Excuse my language but I'm right fed up now.
This is a whole load of bull! Why the hell does this not stop? Why does nobody help us? Why is there still in this day and age such a stigma attached to mental health. Why are my problems not taken seriously when I go to the gp? So the man in front of me has a broken leg? Diabetes? Angina? You name it, it comes first and gets death with! What do we get? NOTHING! This just isn't fair. I'm not sitting at home on benefits drinking myself stupid every weekend and spending the rest of my money on fags! I'm studying for a professional degree so I can have a god damn better life!
The system is so wrong and nobody gives a shit

GingerFish
17-11-15, 02:07
I know exactly how you feel, especially with how uni work and anxiety really don't mix and how you feel like you get nowhere with doctors. I'm studying for my degree and I'm honestly just considering to quit it because I can't focus on curing myself of my anxiety disorders (GAD, PD, OCD and agoraphobia) and still have enough heart and energy for my degree so I feel I need to choose between either my health and sanity or my degree and my health has to come first. As for doctors, because I have refused medication, they can't really do anything else for me in terms of anxiety. I'm waiting for therapy for my OCD through the NHS though. I always got he impression except from a very limited amount of doctor, that they don't have the time of day for mental health issues, especially in young people. They just put it down to our age and that we have boy/girlfriend trouble or things like that. Nothing actually serious could be wrong with us. That's why I've just decided to deal with it on my own for the most part. There is a light at the end of the tunnel with anxiety, it just takes a hell of a lot of work to get to it but we will all get there. I promise.

yogibear
17-11-15, 02:39
Thanks so much for your reply Gingerfish. Nice to hear someone else is in a similar situation. Don't quit Uni, unless you really really feel you can't do it and it is making you worse. For me I know I need to do everything in my power to stick with it as it does seem to do me good when I meet up with with class mates and getting out and about. Otherwise I'll stay at home and that just makes me feel like more of a failure. I just don't know what happens me in class when it's all quiet and focuses on lecturer, I just get all jumpy then I think I'm going to have some seizure from the vibration feeling in head so I've been avoiding what I can and then saving what few Valium I have for critical lectures. I wish I had the guts to stand up in front of the class and just tell them what's going on then I wouldn't feel as uptight and paranoid Abt passing out as people would know why I'm been a bit spacey etc. Fair play for staying away from the meds, I envy you. I've recently dropped my dose and physically and mentally I am feeling better on lower dose but the panic won't go away. Got to sort this shit out ourselves as doctors really don't care. I'm on a cbt waiting list for 2.5 years, yep 2.5 years, and am I meant to say the NHS is fantastic and helped me so much? Because it really hasn't! I've downloaded a mindfulness audio book by professor mark Williams, meant to be good if you are interested. We will beat this X