PDA

View Full Version : Introducing me and my 'Pure-O'

LoBas
17-11-15, 11:32
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I have (mostly) 'pure o' ocd combined with personality disorder. My pure o is a little different from others I read about I guess. I obsess on mistakes that I made, blow them up out of proportion and then obsess about how "the world" will eventually hate me for it. I keep judging and punishing myself over and over for it. I spend most of the time obsessively ruminating about it but I also have obsessive google reassurance search episodes which may last for days in a row. At the moment I'm doing very bad. I started Prozac about 8 days ago and until now it just seems to be getting worse. I just cant imagine that I will ever be strong enough to get the obsessions back to a normal proportion again and think about things the way people around me think about them (I also obsessively seek reassurance with them). Could use some encouragement and/or advice cuz it feels like a very lonely battle right now..

Thanks for the support!

venusbluejeans
17-11-15, 11:37
Hiya LoBas and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: